Monday, March 25, 2013

Sprint Tri Training Week #2

Monday:  Had planned on running the track workouts with the club.  Was lazy.  Or chickened out.  Maybe both.  :(  Did not sleep well.  I did get out the door at 6:40 and ran 4 miles so at least I did something.  Honestly when Hailey is off school, I used to get out of bed at 8 and waiting until the kids were literally begging me to make them breakfast.  I guess I have made some progress.  :)  It was a weird and interesting day in so many ways...like having a lighter load compared to other weeks.

Tuesday:  Rest

Wednesday:  Masters Swim

We did so many different workouts this morning that I can't even recall what we all did. It is really nice to have the workout planned out and someone telling you what to do. We swam for a little over an hour.  It was tough and I had to modify the workout here and there.  It was nice having my own lane this time and not have to worry about being passed all the time.  I feel like I am getting more confident.  I was really anxious about going this morning for some reason and I didn't fall asleep until after 11--and woke up several times in the night.  I know it's just going to be a matter of getting used to it until it becomes second nature--like running is.  I know I said this like 100 times especially to Rob, but the people are just so nice!  And patient and encouraging.  I really like working out with them.

Thursday - Group Power and Treadmill Run (5K)

Power was good.  Still enjoying going and motivated enough in the mornings to get there.  Did not want to run afterwards, but once I got on the treadmill it was totally fine.  I kept a 9 minute mile pace most of the time.  I learned how to pump up my bike tires properly to the right amount and I pumped up all the bike tires for everyone.  I need to go biking this weekend.

Friday - Outside bicycling -- about 1 hour and 10 minutes (11 miles?)

I took my bike out around 10 AM and planned on biking to Minto Brown.  I took a route through the Candalaria neighborhood.  Which was a fine route to take except the downhills were huge.  I was gripping the handlebars and breaking praying I wouldn't lose control.  I am still not the most comfortable biker.  Once I got on River Road, I was fine.  Biking around the park was awesome.  I love all those trails.  I took Owens to Commercial home.  Even though there is way more traffic I felt more comfortable with the hills.  There are lots of hills, but they aren't nearly as big.

Saturday - Brick Workout:  Outside biking (about 3 miles), Swimming about 25 minutes, Outside biking (about 40 minutes)

I biked to the gym.  Then I swan one warm up 50, 5 x 100s, cool down back stroke 50.  I put my biking clothes back on over my suit and got back on my bike.  I biked through the Wes Bennet neighborhood to Battlecreek until it deads into 12th.  Then back up to Commerical.  It was a great ride.  I only freaked out on one downhill.  Uphills are getting easier.  I remember my friend in college way back in the day saying going up hill is simply like hiking or walking.  You push down with your heels...it really works.  I have not had to stop on any uphills.  Going to Group Ride has helped with that too.  I am also getting better at biking with traffic, but still hate left turns.

Sunday - Rest

I really did not have a free moment to exercise.  We were busy all day with Easter events.

No comments:

Post a Comment