Monday, January 28, 2013

15 K & Sprint Tri Training Week #4

Monday - Ran 2 miles

It is a kick back week with the running which is a nice break.  I am going to ice left ankle later today as it is starting to act up again.  Running this morning was hard...it took my body awhile to wake up.  It was hard to catch by breath.  Most of the Midwest is having snow or ice days, but it is warming up here in Oregon.  February spring is on its way.

Tuesday - Rest Day

Wednesday - Stationary Bike - 36 minutes Swimming - 13 minutes

So did not want to get up this morning.  Took me awhile. I have a lot on my mind--not necessarily bad things.  Just really seeking the Lord's will on a few things.  I watched a "running" movie last night (I can only watch those when Rob is gone or busy as he is not as excited about them as me!) and it was so sad at the end.  Like I never cry while watching movies, but almost got choked up.  The cool thing is almost the whole movie takes place in Oregon and at Hayward Field.  Now I want to run a race there.  :)

 Even after I had my workout clothes I seriously almost climbed right back into bed.  I did intervals on the bike.  At first I felt tired and out of it...as time went on...I worked hard and broke a sweat (I sweat SO much on the bike compared to every other form of exercise including running).  I did speed swims.  I did one lap at a time at a faster speed.  Then I took about 15-30 second in between.  I also swam a few laps with pull bouy so I could work on arms and rotation.

Thursday - Group Power & Swimming 16 minutes

Both Rob and I have sore throats and I think Kara might have had one too.  Rob has felt more tired, but my energy level is not as decreased.  I am either at the tail end of the cold I had or I am starting another one.  My throat is better this morning.

Power was intense.  I did increase my weight on some of the tracks.  By the time we got to "shoulders" I felt like I could hardly do them.  I am going to be sore!  The first legs track is still hard to have the bar on my head.  My upper arm and right shoulder hurt.  I figured it was better to increase my weight and take breaks when I do versus keep my weight low and have an easier workout where I don't have to try as hard.

It was hard to swim because I felt exhausted from Power.  I did four laps of freestyle, one lap of back stroke, and then three laps freestyle.

Thankfully when my morning alarm goes off, I am pretty much awake.  Even if I try to fall back asleep, I usually can't.  My body is getting used to exercising in the morning and it's so nice to get it done at the beginning of the day...and get some alone time in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment