Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15 K & Sprint Tri Training Week #2

Monday - Rest

I set the alarm and forgot to move the "on" switch.  Rob's alarm went off at 6:30.  I easily could have gotten up and done my short run.  My brain was not thinking that clearly and I slept until 7:05.  Oh well.  Legs were pretty sore from running Sunday so not a bad thing.  Just have to figure out how to schedule my week.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

Again so hard to get up.  I managed to get out the door by 6:40.  Legs really sore and I didn't feel better until the second mile.  I did my regular route.  The downside of running Tuesdays is dodging all the garbage trucks. And it's still dark out too.  Looking forward to it being a little lighter in the mornings.

Wednesday - Bike 20 minutes, Swam 11 minutes

So tired again, but managed to get to the gym by 6.  I biked first and pushed myself pretty hard.  Then I did a speed swim where I do freestyle non-stop and count my laps.  No kickboard, pull buoy, or anything.  I managed to do seven laps which I was pretty proud of.  No way I could do that last summer...could barely do one.  Mr. Flunker was saying he is able to run races without running on a regular basis because his endurance level is so high teaching multiple classes throughout the day.  That's why I am able to swim seven laps because my endurance is so good from running and biking.  My form was just way off and really bad until I took swim lessons.  Obviously you can't swim seven laps with bad form and when you're breathing incorrectly.  I have been eating so well this week and my weight is a little down by about 1/2 a pound.  I think my cold and sinus pressure is finally gone and my moods have been pretty steady and normal.  I am still pretty distracted throughout the day, but was able to focus really well last night and tackle a bunch of things off my "to-do" list.  And the house is staying pretty clean.  It really helps the kids have been playing so well together in the past month--so few fights.  I think Derek has been "Time Out" once in the last month.  They have been doing really well with picking up after themselves with a few gentle reminders.  I am liking this phase of life with a 3,5, and 7 year old.  :)

Thursday - Ran 5 miles on the treadmill

Was a dork and slept in.  Turned off the alarm and instantly fell asleep.  Woke up 20 minutes later and knew I'd never make it to Group Power.  Instead Rob told me to go the gym in the evening.  I really didn't want to because the kids needed baths/showers and there was still lots of laundry to get caught up.  Rob said he'd hold down the fort and to just go.  I pushed myself really hard on the treadmill.  As much as I can't stand the treadmill, it was not so bad.  With my music and watching Jeopardy and Wheel at the same time.

Friday - Group Ride & swam 15 minutes

Ride kicks my butt.  It's so tough.  I kept hoping the time would go by faster so it would be over.  I really need to keep going though because it is such a good workout.  Of the swimming, biking, and running--biking is my least favorite and probably the one I am least comfortable with.  Not that I can actually swim and enjoy it.  I tried swimming afterwards, but I felt so exhausted from Ride that it wasn't an easy swim.  I managed to get a few laps in.  I was grateful I got up in the morning.  Having run the night before and gone to Ride and swimming 12 hours later, I was so incredibly hungry and really tired in the afternoon.  I managed to squeeze in a 20 minute power nap before we had to go Caleb & Jeanelle's.

Saturday - Swam 25 minutes

Love swimming on Saturdays!  An easier swim since I didn't run or bike beforehand.  Really pushed myself and enjoyed.  Worked on breaststroke a little bit, but mostly did freestyle.

Sunday - Ran 7 miles

We have had a long cold spell with little to no rain.  It's actually be nice.  Not much sun, but still dry enough that it stay a little lighter than if it were raining.  No snow--just lots of frost.  Perfect running weather.  Early on back when we lived in the Midwest, I loved winter running (as long as it was around the high 20's to the low 40's) better than the dead of summer where you just sweat and feel dehydrated and are forced to run early morning or late evening.  I had such a great run...similar route to my long run last week although I ran along Commerical to the neighborhood behind the pool where Hailey takes swimming.  Only downside is crazy people jetting out of the Winco parking lot...not looking for pedestrians.  Don't mind running Sunday afternoons--a good time to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment