Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 24 - 30

Monday - Rest

Monday is my designated rest day.  But I kind wish I would have ran because it was a rough day!  Crazy with the kids and trying to meet too many deadlines.

Tuesday - Walked 1.52 miles pulling a large wagon with two kids in it

I had planned on running at lunch.  Then I had to last minute go out to the complete over side of town and take photos for the Banner.  Which I didn't mind too much.  The weather was great and I could use the photography practice.  I was going to run at 5:30 while Rob was making dinner.  Hailey really wanted to ride her bike to swim lessons and I am not sure how much longer she is going to be able to do that.  This might be the last warm sunny week for awhile.  I am crossing my fingers it's not.  So I walked behind pulling both Derek & Kara in the wagon.  My arm killed by the time I got home and I was having a hard time catching my breath.  I decided not to run.  It was enough of workout for me.

Wednesday - Swam 10 minutes, tread water for 15 minutes

What is up with this week!?  SO much going on.  I went to the gym this morning around 6 and forgot my goggles.  I didn't have running clothes along otherwise I would have switched and ran or at least ride the bike.  I worked on flutter kicks front and back.  I tried doing freestyle with the kickboard, but without goggles I couldn't do it.  I couldn't coordinate shutting my eyes with everything else.  I could not stay straight--kept hitting the sides.  My eyes were starting to burn.  So I switched to the other pool and tread water.  Which wasn't all bad.  I really wanted to work on my freestyle.  I guess getting up and getting going is a good accomplishment and I shouldn't be so hard of myself.

Thursday - Swam 20 minutes, tread water 10 minutes

Swimming went SO much better today.  Did not forget my goggles.  Goal for today was legs, legs, legs.  I did two lengths on my back hugging the kickboard like I did in lessons last week and one lap with the kickboard for free style.  I did four laps freestyle without the kickboard with little short breaks in between each length (much shorter breaks than I used to take). I feel better about the strokes and it's getting easier.  Endurance level is better.  Hope to get some swims again in next week before lessons again.

Alarm went off and I tempted to sleep in.  It's really hard to get up after youth group the night before.  I couldn't fall back asleep.  Which is a good thing because my body is used to getting up early.  

Friday - Swam half hour

Today was another better swimming workout.  I worked on freestyle without the kickboard almost the whole time except for one lap on my back and one length with kickboard.  The pool was very busy.  Water aerobics in the whole warm pool plus one lap of the exercise pool.  A nice older lady swimming laps let me share her lane with her.  I was a little nervous about running into her--I'm not the straightest swimmer.  But it was OK.  She actually was done ten minutes into my workout.  I am still doing the scissor kick on one side and I really, really worked on that.  I made some progress.  I did one full lap non-stop.  I did a total of about six laps freestyle with little short breaks (less than a minute) in between each length except for the one lap non-stop.  I couldn't do that a month ago.  I recall getting out of the pool after two laps feeling dizzy and exhausted.  I still wish I could more continuous without having to take breaks, but I have to be patient with myself.  On Wednesday I am going to try to do two laps non-stop.  I won't be able to get into the pool until then because we're leaving for camping in a couple of hours.  My gym membership only allows me to go Wednesday - Sunday.  Next week is going to be just as busy as last week.  The only big thing I have to prepare is Moppets.  I don't have to teach preschool next week nor is there youth group.

Saturday & Sunday -  It was a pretty busy weekend camping at the coast!  No runs or swims to fit in.  Pretty tired by Sunday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment