Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1 - 7

Monday:  Biked 7 miles

Rob took a late lunch and I was able to get my bike out during it.  Good ride.  Such a beautiful day and nice to be out enjoying it.  I tried the Baxter hill and I got up almost the whole way--except the last 1/4.  It was tough.  All the other hills were fine.  I feel more confident and I really love biking.

Tuesday:  Ran 2 miles

Rob took another late lunch today and I ran in the beautiful spectacular weather!  I ran the Lone Oak/Liberty route.  I was running so fast and felt so strong--I could have easily done another mile.  I was really surprised I felt so good!  Last night I started getting nasal and sinus congestion.  I had a sinus headache during the night.  This morning it was so bad it was triggering anxiety (I really can't explain it--I don't why it triggers all my physical anxiety symptoms. I have nothing to be anxious about right now).  The only reason I could put two and two together is I had the same thing last October.  I almost had a panic attack in Costco last October for no reason and I had a really bad sinus cold.    It was making me queasy to the point I was dry heaving in the Lancaster Mall parking lot.  Holly gave me a Sudafed after I picked up Derek & Kara which really helped.  It was kind of in and out the rest of the day but was fine while I was running!  Here's hoping it clears up!

Wednesday:  Swam 20 minutes

I am hitting the gym in the late evenings this week since our schedule is so different this week for mornings.  I don't mind it so much.  The pool is totally dead at 9 PM.  I don't mind less people there.  I am becoming a swimmer!!  It was so great tonight!!  I did a total of nine laps:  warm up freestyle with kickboard, two full laps non-stop of freestyle, one lap on my back with the kickboard, two laps mostly non-stop of freestyle with the pull buoy, one lap freestyle, one lap on back with kickboard.  I can do about two lap without stopping.  I had to stop 3/4 of the way through to adjust my goggles.  I know I can do it again.  It's amazing once you figure out the breathing, get your legs straight in the right position--you can really swim!  When I run, I able to zone out and just run.  I am getting there with swimming.  Thankfully I did not have as much nasal/sinus congestion today.  Felt better aside from being groggy in the morning (I took Benadryl before bed).  Derek also started gymnastics today--so cute! Glad he gets his own activity that is all his own.

Thursday - Rest

Yesterday was very busy!  I taught Moppets, had Justin all day, Annabelle for part of the day.  I got SO much little unfinished stuff done.  Plus my cold is not getting any better.  Decided to rest.

Friday - Swam 25 minutes

Just when I am getting cocky and think--"Wow, I got it.  I don't have to learn much more," I am humbled once again.  Actually I swam a very similar workout to Wednesday night, although I think I did one extra lap.  Two continuous laps is still very hard and my form always falls apart on the last length.  I wish I had the endurance just keep on moving, but I don't yet.  I still struggle breathing on one side (and ironically Hailey's swim teacher said she is struggling with the same thing) but I made myself stay in the pool until I felt better about it and could do it less sloppy.  I felt better as the workout went on.  I was thinking Wednesday I could drop down to swimming only three times a week, but I think I want to stay at four awhile longer.  I need the practice and the confidence.

Saturday - Swam 40 minutes (swim lessons)

I got to swim lessons and did one lap of freestyle.  Josh said flutter kicks look great.  He said we were going to work on arms the whole time.  I did SO many laps (like I could not believe I could keep going) with the pull buoy working on following through with my arms and pushing the water back.  He said it was looking a lot better--and it felt better.  I have been struggling to breathe on one side since I started swimming and I felt like I conquered that.  He said to practice arms all week.  He also said I would have no problem doing a sprint triathlon in the spring if I kept swimming 2-3 days a week.  Yay!  It feels so great to learn something new and accomplish a goal.  I LOVE running and biking.  Now I really like swimming too.  My arms were pretty sore the rest of the day.  I still have a sinus headache.  I still feel fatigued.  This cold has not been fun.  I slept an hour and a half on the couch in the afternoon.

  Next week we are going to learn flip turns which I am a little unsure of.  Doing front somersaults in the pool as a kid--I would always get water up my nose or get so dizzy.  I am going to practice a little on my own this week in the warm pool.  I did watch a you tube video that explained it pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment