Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 15 - 21

Monday - Ran 40 minutes

It's Thursday as I am writing this and trying to remember workouts.  The rain came with a vengeance on Friday.  It lasted through the whole weekend and carried into Monday.  Yuk.  The morning was not so bad.  I was at the pumpkin patch with Hailey's school and it didn't start raining until we left.  I ran at 4 PM.  It was raining, but not pouring.  I decided to run to Woodmansee Park and run through the trails.  I figured the trees would block out some of the rain.  It did help it is still in the high 60's and the rain is not cold...yet...that's coming this weekend.  Anyway I missed a turn or else the trail I usually ran on is blocked.  I found myself running through all these nasty blackberry bushes and it cut up my legs (I was wearing shorts).  I had to cross this creek that I am pretty sure is just a trickling stream when it's not raining.  There was a fence over the stream that was hanging across it.  The bottom part of the fence was cut out.  I "monkey barred" across it and the fence started to give out.  I made it across...I really felt like I was doing a trail run or obstacle course.  Finally made it out the park and I was in the backyard of the nursing home.  I just went up the driveway and ran home.  I have no idea what my distance was.  My guess is 3.5 miles when all is said and done.

Tuesday - Rest

Kind of a crazy day.  We're moving Kara into Hailey's room and Derek into Kara's room (which once was Derek's room when he was a baby and Hailey's room before Derek was born).  It took a lot of time switching clothes around etc.  I am still not done.  I was going to try and run or bike in the afternoon, but we had too much going on.  We're getting ready to leave for the coast.

Wednesday - Hike - approximately 2 hours and forty minutes

Rob and I dropped all three kids off at Coffee Break and Margie took them home.  They stayed with the VB family overnight.  Rob and I drove to Lincoln City and got to the Cascade Head trail around noon.  We hiked an hour and then ate lunch along the trail.  Then we hiked the rest of the day.  I never hiked along the coast before and it was AMAZING seeing the ocean through the trees and hearing all the sea lions.  Once we hit the meadow, it was beautiful.  We sat along the edge of the meadow overlooking the ocean.  I LOVE Oregon!!!  Honestly it don't think there is any place in the US as beautiful as some of the places I have seen the last couple of years.  At first we weren't sure the trip was going to happen because there is a man in our church who is pretty sick and he's in his 90's.  We thought vacation would have to get moved around due to a potential funeral.  This man (who is like the pillar of our church--really important guy)  is still hanging on and doing OK.  Rob checked his cell phone before we hiked back and saw there was a voicemail.  We couldn't retrieve it because we couldn't get service.  We didn't panic or worry or anything.  I think this was one of the reasons we hiked back fast.  We were hauling.  Some of the uphills were hard.  Rob has a much wider stride than I do so I felt like I was pushing myself at times to keep up with him.  It was a great hike and I loved it!  Rob is sore and has blisters on his heels.  I managed to come out OK.  I taped up my heels and toes.  I used my hiking pole especially on the downhills.  I totally feel like an outdoorsy Oregonian and I love it!

Thursday - Rest

Rob and I stayed at a resort along the coast.  We checked out after 9 AM, grabbed breakfast, and went to the outlet mall for an hour.  We had to pick up the kids around 12:30 so we left home after shopping.  We got home.  I did some cleaning, went to Wal Mart with Hailey, and then had to bring her to a birthday party. Was home a few hours and then went to two of the youth group kid's choir concert they invited me.  Full day but good one.  My parents are here beginning tomorrow and not sure how much pool time I'm going to get in.  Such is the way it goes.  Don't get to see them very much so that of course is a priority the next few days.

Friday - Rest

Very busy day with the parents & family.  But fun.

Saturday - Swim lessons - 40 minutes

I am really struggling with breaststroke.  I don't get the form.  I tried for about 20 minutes.  I was still not getting it.  I watched a You Tube video and I understand it a little bit more, but I need to work on it this week.  Freestyle is fine.  I finally got it and it looks great.  I can finally glide across the water and starting to pick up speed.  Missed being able to swim this week, but should be able to get a couple swims in next week.

Sunday - Rest

More time spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment