Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10 - 16

Monday:  Biked 50 minutes

I am a little overwhelmed with a lot of the work I have to get done this week and next.  I don't want to be all stressed and on edge that I can't enjoy Hailey's birthday.  I can't get as much done in the afternoons since Derek doesn't nap as much and sometimes Kara doesn't either.  I can get cleaning done no problem.  It's more church work and Banner work that is next to impossible.  I hate doing it at night as I am pretty much done with doing anything productive by 8:30 PM.  So I am going to have to do early mornings all week which I am OK with and doing much better with.  I got up at 5:30 and worked on ETM stuff until 6:30.  I had meant to bike from 6:30 until 7, but didn't get back until 7:20.  Oops...my route took longer than I thought. It was a great ride though especially through the Rees Hill neighborhood. There was a light sprinkle in the air.  Supposed to just rain a little today and then get sunny again.  Thankfully the kids clothes were all laid out and Hailey was ready for school with even five minutes to spare.  Now I have to shut off the computer and get some cleaning done and do preschool with Derek.  I cannot believe how much e-mail/facebook/blogs/the web in general distracts me.  I am thinking about having Thursdays be a day I completely give up the computer for the whole day.  I think I need to do this.  I do need e-mail for the Banner, but even that I don't do every single day.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

Good day today.  I still feel behind on things I had hoped to get done by today.  I know it will get done in time.  I have spent a lot of quality time with the kids and I guess that is more important.  Was really tired last night though.  I let myself sleep in until 6:30 AM.  I wanted to get up at 5:30 and write my devotional, but I figured I would work on it this afternoon (which didn't happen) but I still have time to get it done.  I did run my regular 3 mile route and it felt wonderful to be outside in the morning.  The whole run was great.  If anything I am exercising on a regular basis in the morning and that was a huge goal of mine.  I took Derek, Kara, and Annabelle to Riverfront Park and Holly and her girls were there for part of the time too.  We did go for a long walk around the loop and walked down by the docks to see the ducks.  Such a relaxing time to be outside and the weather was perfect.  We were at the park almost two hours but Kara could have easily stayed longer.  I think they'll be tired tonight!

Wednesday - Swam for 20 minutes

I could not go to the gym in the morning and I was not going to try and go at night with all the church stuff going on tonight.  Rob made it work so I could during his lunch.  I did not have time to both swim and bike.  I really need to swim at least three times a week so I can keep practicing the things I learned.  Swimming is still quite frustrating and I don't know how in the world I am going to be able to swim more than two laps non-stop.  My tendency is to quit something when it gets hard and regret it.  Really I should not think it is going to be easy or come naturally.  Of swimming, biking, and running--swimming takes the most skill and is the hardest.  And I am the least experienced in it.  I am actually doing better and felt more confident.  It's just a matter of time.

Thursday & Friday

It's been a harder week emotionally and schedule wise.  Wednesday was both the Coffee Break kick off and Family Night kick off which is the start of ETM.  I felt like I was running all day.  I made the dumb mistake of drinking a Mountain Dew at 8:45 PM and I didn't fall asleep until after midnight.  Half of that was due to the caffeine...the other half stress.  I couldn't make it to the gym.  Thursday night was same story different verse.  I went out with Mandi and had one 12 oz Jamaican beer...that would only be one. I had a headache starting around 11 PM that woke me up off and on all night long.  I worked like crazy all afternoon making Hailey's cupcakes...like three and a half hours with no break.  I was not drinking enough throughout the day.  I was probably a bit dehydrated to begin with.  I could not go the gym at anytime during the day even though it was Rob's day off because we had quite a bit planned.  It was still a good day and the headache was in and out all day...might be related to allergies.  Having allergy symptoms again.

Saturday - Swimming 40 minutes

Josh did not show up this morning.  I heard the instructors kind of frustrated with him and then I saw him walk in like 20 minutes into the lesson.  We had a different instructor that I think was also a 18 something young guy.  I didn't catch him name.  We also had another classmate who is doing a triathlon next month and struggling with swimming...glad I have more time to work on it.  No way could I do it next month.  Anyway the instructor was really really good.  Better than Josh.  He actually gave me direction on what to do, asked me if I knew what I was doing wrong, and gave me specific workouts.  He worked with all of us individually and it was great.  Swimming is still so incredible frustrating.  I wouldn't say I don't like it.  I don't like the fact I can't do it very well.  The new teacher said to tread water 15-20 minutes, then work on flutter kicks, arms, and rotations.  I think I am going to really focus on swimming the next month or two and Group Power once or twice a week.  That will only mean running and/or biking once or twice a week.  I need the swim practice!  Twice a week is not enough.  He said I need to be more comfortable in the pool and that means more practicing.

Sunday - Rest Day

No comments:

Post a Comment