Monday, January 23, 2012

Pre-Marathon Training Week #8

Monday - Ran 3 miles, 11 minutes of stretch and abdominal workouts

This is my last week of pre-marathon training. Although when I looked at the calendar last night, I think I miscalculated it and I should have another full week before I train for the marathon. I think I am going to start Week #1 anyway. It could be I get sick and miss part of a week. Or I end up running an earlier marathon and have to adjust the weeks. At this point I would choose to run Newport, but it could be Tacoma works better. Or Newport sells out (I am told it sells out fast).

Today was the first day in forever I woke up at 6 AM and got my run in during the morning. I also got a bunch of work done before the kids woke up. I have a cazillion e-mails to send today. The run went fine. I like the early morning. I just ran to Sumpter Park and back. Stretching was a little crazy with Derek and Kara running all over the place and Kara trying to climb on me. I was happy to have it done. I need to do this more mornings. All morning and into the afternoon I was so calm and did not yell at the kids once. It helps the house in clean and the laundry is caught up. I don't feel stressed or anxious at all today. Man, I wish every day could be like this.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles, 10 minutes of stretching and abs

I got up at 6:15 AM and got in an argument with myself. I did not want to run outside because it was wet and cold. I thought I would just work on other stuff until the kids got up and run at Rob's lunch. I knew it would be still be raining by lunch time and we might get home from Bible Study until 12:15. I opened and closed the door three times before I finally went out and ran in the cold rain and came back soaked again. The run itself was fine though. I think the combination of good eating, the stretching and cross training, and dealing with mental issues in the last month or so have made my running so much better. I enjoy it more and feel like my pace is faster too. Can't stand the weather, but can't do anything about that.

Trying to get catch up from the rest of the last week.

On Wednesday I was absolutely exhausted from all the running and I needed a break. On Thursday Andrew and I were leaving for the conference in the morning. My original plan was to get and run intervals in the park before we left. I was up too late the night before and I had my regular anxiety about traveling (though not nearly as bad since I was traveling without kids). It's hard to explain but I hate packing, I hate check-in, I hate security, and I hate how my appetite and stomach goes so up and down while traveling. On Friday I ran on the paths behind my parent's house which was awesome. I did about three miles. Parts of the path were icy and I had to stop and walk. On Saturday Andrew and I were in meetings all day and we didn't get back until the evening. I was so tired!! I still went to bed at midnight because I couldn't sleep. Sunday I slept in until 8 and we had church and travel. I don't feel guilty about taking a break because my body really needed it.

In terms of eating, that was tough too. I did a little bit better than at Christmas, but I went over the calories every single day. But not way over. I am not sure it is going to make all that much of a difference in my weight--maybe a pound or so. To be honest I don't really care. There just is something about someone offering you cake at their house and saying you don't want any. There are instances where you have to politely ask for a small piece and enjoy it. I told myself if I did this diet again I was not going to be get obsessed and become a slave to it. It's also hard eating healthy at a conference and especially when you're surrounded by people with different eating habits Andrew was making fun of my "rabbit food" and "salads." I did enjoy a big burrito and a hamburger without gorging and eating for comfort. It is pretty easy now to be home and revert back to the way I was eating before. And start running on a regular basis again. I don't think I am going to have any problem with that since I was on such a great routine before I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment