Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pre-Marathon Training Week #6

Monday - Rest

It was a really bad day. Super crummy. Have had too many of those lately. :( I felt better in the evening.

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles & 30 minutes of Crunch Gym Ab Attack

It's sunny!! Yay! And cold, but not too bad. I needed a new three mile route so I ran in the neighborhood behind Salem Swim Club where Hailey takes lessons. I really like that route and would do it again. Not crazy about running on Commercial, but it's only a short stretch. I felt tired and winded on the Idylwood hill. I really think my body kicks in after 2.5 miles because that's when I start to feel good and strong.

I did the Crunch DVD I have not done in several weeks. The reverse crunches hurt! It was good and I am glad I fit in.

I feel like the workouts, recording what I am eating, and planning meals is a part time job. I do have time for it right now. And it's worth all the extra work. I thought about trying to run in the mornings again once it gets lighter out just to free up my daytime.

Wednesday - Ran 5 miles

I did my regular 5 mile route that goes through the Sumpter neighborhood. Again my body kicks around 2.5 miles because that's when I feel better. The run went fine, but I didn't feel as strong as I normally do. I kind of struggled with the kids off and on all morning. I was feeling a little mentally off. That affects it. I was glad to complete it. I did great eating all day except my carrot smoothie turned out to be disgusting--need to play around with more recipes.

Thursday - Kickboxing - 50 minutes

Last night I asked Rob if he was coming home for lunch and if I could do intervals. He was not sure. We woke up to Derek being sick. Rob arranged his schedule and did a lot of work from home so I could go to MOPS and take Kara. Then I took Kara to Hailey's swim lesson while Derek watched a movie and Rob worked from home. So it made sense to just do a video today. It meant us both not eating lunch until 2 PM and it was kind of a weird day. But Thursdays are flexible enough that he can do that. I did the whole kickboxing DVD--all 50 minutes. I have not done the fat burn track yet. I was a little scared when the first thing she says is, "This workout is tough." Oh my was she right! I really enjoyed it and I could feel it too especially in my abs. It is a nice break from running. Eating went well today except I felt like I had to starve myself all afternoon because I knew we were getting Arby's at night. I ordered the healthier things on the menu, but it still was high calories. I still managed to stay within the calories, but it was so much harder today. It doesn't help with MOPS too. I was really careful about portions--embarrassingly I used to pig out at MOPS. I told Rob the reason is because it's nice to have someone making food for you and being able to eat with friends--and not juggle kids. It's relaxing. The egg casseroles are higher in calories. I purposely did not eat any of the treats. I'm trying not to be a nazi about it. I'm allowing myself to go a little over on the one (sometimes two) day(s) I week don't exercise. I feel like I need to go hard core and be a little nazi like for awhile until I develop better eating habits--which I never really had to begin with.

Friday - Intervals & 15 minutes of karate abs

I kind of waited until the last minute to do intervals. Even though it was Rob's day off, there were lots of appointments and Hailey had a birthday party at night. I was kind was in a rush to do them and they were probably a little short of 400. But at least I got there and did some speedwork. I did karate ab workouts in front of the news and tried to have a conversation with Rob as the same time. That's the kind of day it was. :)

Saturday - 7 miles! & 12 minutes of karate abs

Rob took the kids out for a good part of the morning. The weather was awful. Cold, rainy--so wet. After a mile and half in, I was a little concerned I would get too cold. Even though I was avoiding the puddles, my feet were still pretty wet. I only got really cold when I stopped at the lights. I did not walk at all--just stopped for a minute on Fabry and ate a gu gel. I drank water at all the lights. It took forever for my body temperature to get back to normal when I got home--like well over an hour. A gym membership is looking nice right now. I do like being outside too. I am just hoping we do get a few rain free days this winter. I did see like three other runners out so I know I'm not the only crazy one. I did 12 minutes of karate abs. I am noticing a difference in my abs. They are getting firmer and one of my pair of jeans is too loose! Yay! Love seeing results. Eating went fine yesterday. I went about 100 calories over. Weekends are hard as we usually are more relaxed with meals and eat out. But I was not too far off.

Sunday - Ran 4 miles, Walked 0.5 miles, 10 minutes of karate abs

I went running in a snowstorm and it was awesome! I loved running through the big puffy flakes that tickle your face. Made me miss Michigan. I love Oregon and I am thankful that we get to live here. There is so much about the Pacific Northwest that is absolutely wonderful. I do miss the winter season and some days I would trade in our crummy rain showers for lake effect snow. Anyway the run went fine. I ran the Sumpter neighborhood 4.5 route. I wanted to walk a half mile as a cool down. Then I did the ab workouts. Night church was cancelled due to the snow so it made for a more relaxing Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment