Monday, December 26, 2011

Pre-Marathon Training Week #4

Monday - Ran 3 miles & 20 minutes of Kickboxing (Abs)

I ran at 7:30 this morning. I loved being outside in the cool fresh winter air. The neighborhood was so dead and quiet. Christmas lights were still on outside. I only saw two cars. Kind of peaceful. Workout went well. Struggled a little on the hill going up to Lone Oak from Flint Ridge, but did not stop to walk. I also tried the 10 minutes Solutions Kickboxing and I like it a lot better compared to the other 10 minute Solutions video I was using. It was more fast paced and the abs workout is way more intense. I might do the whole 60 minute workout on my cross training days. I went over the calorie count yesterday on Christmas, but not by much. It's going to be a little bit of a harder week with travel. I always say I am going to run at least once or twice when I am at my parent's house, but I never do. It's a little easier to get away since Kara is older. But I am hoping I can get at least one or two runs in. It helps it's a kick back week and all the mileage is lower.

Tuesday - Ran 4.5 miles & 30 minutes of kickboxing

Run was tougher today. I was overdressed again. I really could have run in a t-shirt and shorts. I had no idea it was so warm out. Again I did not feel as good until the third mile. I struggled a lot the first three. I love kickboxing! It was tougher today and I was quite tired from the run. I like the abs workout and the fast pace of it. I actually did not eat enough when I checked the calories. I was so busy cleaning, packing, and getting ready for the trip that I am prone to not snack or eat smaller meals. It is kind of running off adrenaline. I had two snacks at 8:30 PM.

Wednesday - Intervals 9 x 400 and 10 minutes of abs

I got out the door at 7:30 and did intervals around the park. Intervals still kick my butt. Once I got to the fourth or fifth it was not so bad. I did Rob's karate ab workouts and those kick my butt even more. Hailey did a few with me too.

Rest of the week

We were in Chicago with a pretty intense schedule. I was a little relaxed about the food though tried to not to pig out. I think my eating got worse and worse as the week went on so now it's time to gain control again. My goal was to run at least twice while on vacation. I ran once. I did a 4 mile on Saturday which was a fabulous run. I love the bike paths by my parent's house. I felt like I could have ran forever. I planned on running Monday. But with the freezing temps and slippery paths, I decided not to. A few years ago it would not have stopped me. My Pacific Northwest accustomed body is not used to it. I could hardly stand walking outside. Nice to be back in 50 degree temps again and hope to continue to pre-marathon training until the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment