Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pre-Marathon Training Week #2

Monday - Ran 3 miles

I did my regular route to Holder and back up Liberty. Tired. Exhausting. I was so not motivated to run at all. It's funny that sometimes makes the run go bad too. I didn't walk at all. Just kept moving sometimes at a very slow pace.

Tuesday - Rest

Still not motivated and came home from Bible Study a little later than expected. Plus I had to get some stuff done for Hailey's Christmas party at school. I was going to pop in an exercise DVD, but never got around to it.

Wednesday - Intervals - 8 x 400

Intervals kick my butt. They are so good for me. I really need to do them. I did three on city streets and five in the park by our house. Tough at times, but I felt really good afterwards. It's a nice break from a straight forward run. Still feel not motivated and "a little off" but I still feel tired from all the activity last week. Look forward to not having much at all next week.


Thursday - Crunch Boot Camp - Abs - 32 minutes

Awful, awful morning with the kids. I got interrupted like six times. Constant bickering and fighting even with the TV on. Shut the TV off and put them in their rooms. I made Derek and Kara stay apart from one another--had to be in separate rooms from 10:30 AM until lunch time. It was good for Derek. He did better. Worse for Kara. She had constant temper tantrums. I was determined to finish my workout though. And I did. Thankfully they were angels in the afternoon and evening. What a crummy morning.

Friday - Ran 3.5 miles

I ran around noon. Now that Kuebler has sidewalks, it is much more runner friendly. I am surprised by all the runners I see now. It makes sense because there are few roads that connect Sunnyside to Commerical and Lone Oak to Sunnyside. No one wants to run on Boone because the hills are killer. Though I need do to them next week. It was a better run than earlier in the week. I felt pretty good.

Saturday - Ran 4 miles

I ran around noon again. Thankfully Rob did not mind playing taxi cab and pick up Hailey & Derek (with Kara in the car) and drop off Hailey again. He even took Kara and Derek to Roths to build a gingerbread house. I felt sluggish between the second and third mile. All in all it went really well. I ran Lone Oak to Valleywood to Sunnyside up Kuebler back to Lone Oak. Running on Kuebler is so much nicer with the sidewalks. Don't feel like I am hugging traffic anymore and being blown away by trucks. This is going to make marathon training easier.

Sunday - Rest

Probably should have run, but too lazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment