Monday, December 5, 2011

Pre-Marathon Training Week #1

One year ago I was running my second marathon! Now a year later I am starting pre-marathon training for my third. I picked a tough week to start pre-training. I have something EVERY SINGLE night this week. This is probably my busiest week of the holiday season. Looking forward to next week when I have next to nothing.

Monday - 3 mile run and 10 minutes of strength training

I ran my 3 mile route to the Sumpter neighborhood. I did not feel as good today at all. I pushed my way through it and felt like I was going at turtle pace. I did 10 minutes of arm on the 10 Minute Solutions Target Toning. I know I should be abs too, but I have 100 things to get done this week. I am just happy I got a workout in!!

Tuesday - 3 miles

The running has been SO good for me because the pre-winter anxiety is starting to kick in. Handling it better this year! But had a few bad nights last week. Even though this week is insanely busy, I am getting good sleep. Running seems to help with that. Felt kind of weak and tired again today, but better than yesterday. I felt at my best around second half of the second mile. I ran around Sumpter Park and I like the quiet and peacefulness of that neighborhood and the small rolling hills that are easier to deal with when you start up running again. It's really cold outside, but I find the outside air refreshing. It's only in the 40's so compared to most places in the country in December--it's not that cold. Hailey went off to school today without wearing her coat. We had to make a detour to ILS on our way to Bible Study.

Wednesday - Tempo Run - about 30 minutes

I ran at a slow pace for about a mile, then sped up for another mile, walked probably 1/4 of a mile, and ran the rest of the way. I did the Ewald route. I forgot how the big the hills are. The last half of the run was the hardest. It still is really cold, but it has been clear all week. So I can't complain.

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Ran 3 miles

I ran at 4 PM and ran to Woodmansee Park. I ran through the park and through the woods. I love the short trail run. I was surprised how many people were in the woods walking dogs and playing frisbee golf. There were even people playing tennis and a few kids on the playground. And it's cold. I guess if there is no rain in Oregon, people still venture outside and stay out there. It was probably my best run all week. I felt really good. So glad I stuck with it. This has been a very, very busy weekend. Something every single night and morning.

Saturday - Rest

Super busy day!! Was hardly home.

Sunday - Rest

I had way too much to do and I NEEDED a nap. We were out late Saturday night and Kara decided to rise and shine at 5:45 AM. She stayed semi quiet in her room until around 6:15 AM. For some reason the other two were up at 6:30 which is highly unusual for a Sunday. I had to do some work on Christmas stuff to do before evening church.

No comments:

Post a Comment