Sunday, September 22, 2019

Pre Training Week #4 of 4

The weekend tends to go by quickly and I cherish the time at home away from work.  Don't get me wrong--I am enjoying work so far.  I am overwhelmed what this week will bring with being the lead teacher in a new class.  12 of the children are boys.  7 are girls.  Three have special needs.  I don't have a regular assistant.  I barely have a family educator right now.  I am not complaining and doing the best I can do with the resources I have.  My theme this fall is "one step at a time."  I am trying not to dwell deeply into the future, but rather day by day.

Monday = Ran 5 miles

I ran with my friend and we ran mostly through my neighborhood. It was a hard early morning.  I woke up just before 5 AM and checked the cast list for Newsies.  I was disappointed to not see Hailey's name on the cast list.  I felt very sad.  Running helped me process through it and face the day.  It turned out to be a pretty good day and fun celebrating Hailey's birthday.

Tuesday = Rest

I had not slept very well Sunday night and I decided to take Tuesday off.

Wednesday = Swam about 1500 yards

I was a little slower and more tired.  I still made it there and did my best.  It turned out to be a long but really good day.

Thursday = Ran 3 miles

It was an emotional run again and I woke up and found out that my Grandma passed away.  I was once again processing emotions as I ran.

Friday = Rest

My plan was to do weights and run after work but that did not happen.  We still had a lot of work to do and I could not leave my co-workers with the extra work.  I think I will need to try and get my exercise in on Friday mornings and not be dependent on being able to do so after work.

Saturday = Ran 5 1/2 miles

I ran with my friend again and we did more hills.  It was a good way to start the day.  My plan was to go to the gym and do weights and ride the bike.  My sister called and I was on the phone for awhile.  I honestly did not feel up to going and doing more exercise than I already did.  I some stretching at home.

I am ending my week here and switching to having my weeks start on Sunday.  It's been a long time since I have done this but it makes sense since I am now following Hal Higdon's Half Marathon training...although I have not signed up for the half marathon yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment