Saturday, October 12, 2019

Week #3

I did not sign up for the Holiday Half but I need to do very soon before the price increases. I completed all the workouts for Week #1 except the weekend workouts.  Then I went to Chicago and it took me a whole extra day to get there due to major thunderstorms in the Midwest.  I had to spend a night in Denver.  Traveling is absolutely exhausting.  Three of the four days I was gone I was flying.  I had a great time visiting family, but I came up exhausted and jumped right back into work.  By Thursday of last week I was physically and emotionally drained.  I had to leave my classroom for a half hour and get my emotions in order.  It was a little embarrassing, but my co-workers said I did what I supposed to do when I get overwhelmed.

This week was better, but my job is still very difficult. I still don't have an assistant.  I still learning how to be a teacher.  I am drowning in paperwork. Sometimes it is hard to shut my brain off and take a break from it.  I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed as I did.  Exercise is one thing keeping me balanced.  Here is what I accomplished this week.

Sunday = Ran 6 miles with T in the early morning and we went up lots of hills.

Monday = Ran 3 miles by myself in the morning.

Tuesday = Rest

Wednesday = Swam with T and did about 1350 yards

Thursday = Group Ride with T

Friday = Ran 5 miles with T in the morning

Saturdays = Ran intervals at the track 2 x 800 and 2 x 400 with recovery laps in between.  Also going to go the gym and lift weights in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment