Friday, September 11, 2015

Productive Week

This has been one of the most motivating productive weeks I've had  exercise wise in a very long time--and it's the first week of school/work to boot.  I hate thinking that I am not going to always feel this way.  That moodiness, PMS, unmotivation etc. waxes and wanes.  It will come back.  But I am trying to think positive and be proud of how good of a week it's been.

On Monday I ran by myself in the afternoon and did about 5 miles.  It was a beautiful day.  And a really nice Labor Day.  I am glad we stayed home and did not attempt any major day trips.  On Tuesday I swam with Erica and we followed one of her workouts.  I think I hit 1700 yards.  On Wednesday I ran alone in the morning starting at 6:40--I need to start earlier than this.  It made the morning a little more crazier getting home after 7 AM.  I did four miles.  It was one of those runs where I felt great and fast the whole entire run and cruised up hills.  Yesterday I went to Power.  Morning Power is harder and I feel like I cannot lift as much.  Or it hurts more.  I pushed through it and kept my weight the same except I took about 5 pounds off from my legs track.  My shoulders don't feel as strong in the mornings...it is more getting the bar on and off my back.  Today I went to early morning ride which again was a great workout.  I pushed it pretty hard.  Tomorrow I am biking about a hour north of here on a bike trail.  Doing Power twice a week is going to be tough--not sure I can make it happen realistically without giving something else up.  I may bump down to cycling once a week and doing Power instead come late fall/winter.  The problem is I can hardly get to Saturday classes once basketball starts.  Anyway I feel good and that's worth being excited about.

Eating wise, I am doing OK too.  My sleep has been great the last couple nights aside from Sunday night when these drunk people decided to hang outside in the church driveway a stone's throw from our window.  They were so loud at 2 AM and very drunk.  I watched from the window because I thought one of the girls was going to pass out in our driveway.  She looked terrible.  They left around 2:30 and not sure where they ended up.  It always seems to happen at some point in the summer.  Happens when you live so close to a bar.  It stunk for me because I did not fall asleep again until 4 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment