Sunday, September 20, 2015

Good Week,Bad Day With A Good Run

This past week was a very good second week of school.  I can't say I have too many complaints.  The beginning of the week was a little more busier than I would have liked...but still manageable.  Nothing too crazy.

On Monday I ran with Tracy.  I realized we are now back to our full workout in the dark.  Miss the sunrise runs.  It is only going to get worse.  Pretty soon we will have rain to deal with as well.  But at least I am not running it alone.  On Tuesday we went to Power.  I enjoyed it.  We were talking about how we get bored with some of the classes.  I am not to that point with Power yet, but I do get bored sometimes with Ride.  On Wednesday we swam.  I like the midweek swim better but it doesn't always work with everyone's schedule.  Wednesday was a full day.  I was busy almost the whole entire day with a short break in the afternoon.  I allowed myself to sleep in on Thursday.  Although I could only sleep in until 6:45 and then I was rushing to get ready before Jacob came.  It's almost easier to give up the sleep and go to the gym.  On Friday I had the afternoon off and Rob was home.  So I did a hill workout on Mildred and did a little over five miles.  On Saturday I biked at Minto Brown and forgot my phone.  I probably I went 12-13 miles.  My biggest pet peeve with Minto Brown on busy weekends is people not staying on their side of the bike path.  I had a few close calls.  One was a little kid who probably did not know better, but still.  One of these times I fear I will crash into a dog or a little kid.  I also played hockey in the late afternoon.

Today I ran three miles faster than normal. We had a rougher day around here and it has nothing to do with the kids or Rob & I--crummy situation involving something else.  I cannot say much more than that.  The kids were so good today that it actually kept me from delving too much into my frustrations with this situation.  Running fast really helped me too.  Derek also ran one mile at Bryan Johnson park on the little course which is all uphill and downhill.  Kara did one lap which is approximately a half mile.

I am doing much better with my eating.  I am not eating a whole lot of dessert anymore and not craving the unhealthy snacks.

I had a bad night of sleep due to my aching arm from the flu shot.  Last night the bedroom was way too hot and I could not get comfortable.  We went from cold temps back up to summer like weather.

Hailey is sick with a stomach bug.  It is not long lasting.  Chances are someone else will get it including myself.  I am not going to stress about it.  I am not going to live my life around fear of illness anymore like I've done in the past.  If I get sick, I get sick.  And I just deal with it.  Getting sick in St. Louis kind of helped me face that fear head on.  Often when I do get sick, I get very very anxious.  The anxiety is almost worse than the sickness itself.  I dealt with the anxiety better in St. Louis and was able to rest and relax...and maybe that helped me get better faster too.

No comments:

Post a Comment