Wednesday, July 23, 2014

7/21 - 7/27

My goal for this week is to do Centergy once and Power once.  I need the rest and there's no point in getting child care for the kids because I'm not training for anything yet.  I've been swimming with them too and biked with them last weekend.  We might get our bikes out again tomorrow unless it rains again.

Today (Wednesday) I went to Centergy.  I have not gone in like two years.  It's very similar...it's not changed a whole lot. It was a lot of seniors but I think the early morning class is more working people--similar to early morning Power.  That is the only one I can go to.  Because Rob is gone, I went to the 9:15 class and Derek & Kara went to the playroom.  Derek went to Kids Strong which he loves and is his treat when Rob is out of town.  Kara doesn't mind the child care.

 The stretching was great.  It hurt in some positions and I'm pretty tight in some areas.  My flexability has never been that great hence why I why struggled in gymnastics as a kid.  But I felt so much better afterwards.  I need to do it once a week.  It's really hard to schedule because it's at the same time as Group Power.  It's not offered very often.  I am going to try to go Thursday mornings if I can do Power on Friday or Saturday.  I am thinking my gym might change the schedule anyway come September so that could affect things too.

At this point I would love to do a half marathon late fall or early winter.  I think it would be feasible to run three times a week, swim once, Power once, and Centergy once.  I question whether running only three times a week is enough?  I've never trained for a long race and only ran three times a week.  Going to look at some training plans before I commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment