Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7/7 - 7/13 - Taper Week

Monday - Yesterday (I'm writing this on Tuesday) I just was so nervous about the triathlon on Saturday I felt like I couldn't think of myself else.  My kind was racing.  I was incredibly nervous about the bike portion and getting a flat or not being able to clip in or falling...and getting lost to get to Hagg Lake...or arriving super late.  I was able to calm myself down which I am really proud of.  I enjoyed the rest of the day.  We went swimming at VB's lake.  It was nice to be in the water playing with the kids, laying on rafts etc. versus swimming laps.

Tuesday - Swam about 15 minutes open water in Silverton Res and about 45 minute bike ride

Rob had a visit in Silverton and we went along.  So we swam in the res.  When he came back, I was able to swim about 15 minutes.  It was a good last open water swim before the tri on Saturday.  On Sunday I somehow did not fasten my wet suit properly and I got major chaffing on my neck.  As Rob said, "Wow it looks really bad."  It does hurt, but it didn't affect me swimming at all today.  I am going to pick up some bodyglide at the sport goods store.  I also biked in clips all over the neighborhood around 5:30 when traffic was busy.  I am such an anxious biker and feel like I'm back in the beginning of driver's ed.  When I left the driveway it took me forever to clip in--worst yet.  As time went on, I did fine.  Probably nervous the most about the bike.  I think my next tri goal will be to attack biking and focus on that.  I know I will really love it more once I get over these fears like I had with swimming.

Wednesday - Ran about 2 miles around the track

I took the kids to the track this morning so they could run.  I did one lap with Kara and then I ran with Hailey.  The kids played in the long jump pit while my finished running.  My chafed neck looks better today but it hurts more.  :(  It makes my whole neck sore.  Starting tonight I feel like it's better than it was this morning.  Pretty nervous about Saturday, but trying to stay confident too.

Thursday & Friday - Rest

 Saturday - RACE!  It went great but it was tough too.  I am so glad I accomplished my goal.  I blogged all about it on my other blog.

 Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment