Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 21-28

So glad last week is behind me.  This week is lighter.  I feel like I can breathe again...though I am tired.

Monday - Rest

Kids did not have school and I had no child care kids either.  Decided to sleep in.

Tuesday - Ran 5 miles

Amazing 5 mile run at 7:15 PM.  It is staying lighter later and I love it.  I might be doing evening runs earlier in the week instead of early morning depending on the week.  Maybe evening bike ride once the weather is a bit nicer.  It only rained about five minutes and not too hard.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

The constant rain is making everyone stir crazy.  It was not a bad day at all, but a hard afternoon.  I feel wiped out because of it. Swimming was great this morning and so thankful I got there.  The workout was really what I needed.  The pool was busy and I shared lane with the doctor from the hospital who comes.  We kept hitting eachother.  But I need to get used to swimming in close quarters.  The people there from the triathlon club think I will have no big problems doing an open water tri this summer.  I really hope I can do it.

Thursday - Power and ran approx. 3 miles on treadmill

Power was so much better than last week.  I could have my weight slightly increased on most tracks and did fine.  I ran at a slower pace afterwards on the treadmill and that went fine too.  Good workout.

Friday - Group Ride

Early morning was the only time today I could work out unless I wanted to go Friday night at like 8:30 PM which I didn't.  Ride was fine.

Saturday - Brick workout:  Bike to the gym (about 3 miles), Swam 25 minutes, Longer bike ride home (about 4 1/2 miles)

I biked to the gym and it was a little bit of a misty rain.  My swim workout was 500 (mostly free, but a few back), 100 kick, and 4 x 50 speed swims.  I can do 50 in a minute now--most of the time it is a 1 minute and 3-4 seconds.  I biked home in clips which I will be honest is still a little scary and I am not fully confident.  I do need more practice in order to be safer.  However, going up hills is so much better in clips versus shoes and I like the feel of it better.  It's the whole process of "unclipping" at lights and then clipping back in that I am not as predictable with...it takes me a couple tries to clip back in.  However, I think I can do it again and I'm trying to find good routes where there aren't a lot of traffic lights.  I will probably bike at Minto this week if weather is decent.

Sunday:  Long Run - 9 miles

So glad I waited until 4:00 PM to run because the weather was awful in the morning--cold, windy, rain, and hail.  It was still pretty windy, but no rain and not nearly as cold.  I did a mix of the Sumpter and Welcome Way neighborhood and was on Commerical quite a ways.  It was tough at first--I didn't really feel strong the first five miles.  Lots of side aches and fatigue.  I only walked up one of the Browning hills which was near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment