Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14 - 20

It's a brand new week.  As wonderful as the weather was last week (and starting to turn today) and perfect for running and bike rides--I took the week off.  I was SO tired after family left, my allergy medicine was making me drowsy, and I just needed to get caught up on things that never got done after I came home from LA.  This week is "the perfect storm" week for me as I have something every afternoon & evening--so I am trying to keep my mornings low key and open.  I am skipping Moms Next this morning.  As fun as it is, I am usually tired from it when I come home.  So far this week is going OK with all the extra stuff and I am doing OK too mentally.

Monday - Ran 3 miles

Really good run.  I think the break helped.  I felt really strong running and pushed myself to keep my speed up.

Tuesday - Rest

Did not rest due to lack of motivation.  Tuesday has been working really well as my "day off."

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour 5 minutes

Good to be back in the pool again.  Some of our crew was missing, but the workout was good.  It was a lot of 200s and 300s which I like better than the speed swims.  Felt great to be there again.  My friend thinks I will have no problem doing an open water tri this summer--still kind of questioning it but really want to do it.

Thursday - Group Power & Bike 35 minutes

Wow Power hurt!  And there was a sub and she just didn't have the energy as the previous instructors.  I struggled on just about every single track.  Biking afterwards was fine.

Friday - Ran 3 miles

It was a pretty busy Friday and busy weekend in general--but I was able to sneak in a 3 mile run in around 4:45 PM.  I mapped out a new mile route through the Welcome Way neighborhood.  More hilly than my regular route, but not too bad.

Saturday - Swam 40 minutes

Not enough time for a brick workout so focused on swimming. Good workout.  Followed a workout off swim plan and also focused on form.

Sunday - Ran 5 miles

Good Easter run in the morning before church!  Regular five mile route and perfect weather too.

No comments:

Post a Comment