Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year!! January 6 - 12

I skipped last week.  I ran once and it was a slow "I-really-just-don't-feel-like-doing-this-right-now" type of run.  New Years threw off my schedule.  I can stay up past midnight but it takes me a couple days to get back on schedule.  Plus I did massive cleaning all over the house and that was more of a priority.

Monday - Ran 3 miles

Originally Rob was going to fly out early this morning so I planned on doing a video.  But due to all the crazy weather in the Midwest, he is not flying out until tomorrow and today's classes got cancelled.  Which means he won't be home until Saturday late afternoon.  He had to work and volunteer Saturday morning anyway so it really doesn't affect us at all.  Since he was home this morning I took advantage of that and ran my regular three mile route.  I felt better than last week.  I wanted to get out a little earlier, but was thankful I got out at all.  I didn't fall asleep until after 11 PM and then I had a nightmare (still not sure if it's a nightmare soon after you fall asleep) and it was a really scary one.  In it I was trying to wake up and run and my eyes wouldn't open and my legs couldn't move.  I often have this when I drink caffeine in the evening, but I didn't have any except for a cup of coffee in the morning.  Thankfully I fell back asleep and slept to the alarm.

Tuesday -  Ran 5 miles

Rob got off OK this morning, but he barely got any sleep--like only 2-3 hours at the most.  I slept until 7 AM.  I had no child care kids coming this morning and couldn't run outside anyway so didn't see the point in getting up super early.  I ran around 10 AM while the kids were at school and Christina had Kara all morning.  It is super nice to run during this time.  I love it!  It was a really good run too. Just a sprinkling--hardly any rain.  The temp has been steady in the high 40's/low 50's so it's perfect.  Not quite running in shorts, but I was getting too warm in a jacket.

Wednesday - Group Power & Stationary Bike (25 minutes)

Margie offered to take the kids this afternoon.  I went to 5 PM Group Power and the place was completely packed.  People were trying to squeeze into the wings because every single row was filled.  I almost tripped over these college students when I was trying to get my equipment.  SO many people.  If I would have gotten there two minutes later, I would not have been able to find a spot at all.  The 5 PM teacher is tough!  It's like Group Power the Bootcamp edition.  It was hard and I can already feel it in my shoulders, quads, biceps etc.  It really was I needed today.  I missed Power a lot the last two weeks so had a renewed energy to get back into it.  I would love to be able to go to her class once in awhile, but most weeks I can only go Fridays--and a lot of times we have stuff on Fridays.  I also rode the bike afterwards which was just a normal interval workout.  I have eaten SO good the last three days.  Need to stick with this.  I feel better when I'm not eating a lot of junk.

Thursday - Yoga -25 minutes

I did a yoga video on You Tube.  It was a simple one a girl made in her backyard.  She did know her yoga because it was pretty good and was all the poses I used to do when I went to Centergy.  The stretches felt amazing.  My body was so tight after running & Power.  I need to somehow squeeze it in each week even if it just 25 - 30 minutes.  Again when I woke up Friday my body was not tight at all.

Friday - Rest

I couldn't really exercise today.  Full day of kids.  Rob still away in St. Louis.

Saturday - Swimming 45 minutes

So great to be in the pool again!  Missed it.  I did our normal warm we usually do on Wednesday mornings 300 Free, 200 Pull, 100 Kick.  Then I did 4 x 50's fast.  Then I did 4 x 50's drills (working on swimming with my eyes shut in preps for open water and flip turns which I still can't really do but not going to lose sleep over it), 1 x 50 back, 1 x 100 pull.  It was a great workout.  The guy in the lane next to me gave me some anti-fog for my goggles and it was amazing.  I need to pick some up.  It was crystal clear--except I could see all the gunk on the bottom of the pool which was a little gross.

Sunday - Ran 7 miles

It was a really good week of exercise even with Rob away.  I managed to get some very good workouts in!  I ran 7 miles today through the Welcome Way neighborhood to the Mildred neighborhood by Wes Bennet Park and back on Kuebler.  It rained almost the entire time.  It was either sprinkling and at some points pouring.  It was OK.  I ran pretty well through it and did fine on the hills.  There were quite a few uphills.  I was just cold when I got back and it took a long time for my body temperature to get back to normal.  I'm glad I got out there and did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment