Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 20 - 26

Monday - Rest

Great day off!!  Perfect sunny weather.  Kids rode bikes in the parking lot.  Started training Hailey for Shamrock.  She only had to run for four minutes so we did it in the parking lot.  She ran the whole four minutes straight except for walking 15 seconds.  I am having her keep a running journal because I think it really helps.  She wrote (her words exactly):  "I felt vary tird after the exersise."  She did well though.  :)

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

Beautiful sunrise starting to pop up after the end of the run.  Did my normal 3 mile route.  Nothing special.  It went fine.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

I felt sluggish the whole swim and my legs felt tight.  I really think I need to some at home yoga or try to go to Centergy or something.  I think it is just an "off" day because I have felt tired the whole day.  My motivation is low.  I am glad I showed up anyway and got a good workout in.  I don't give My Fitness Pal gives you enough calories.  I have felt hungry the last three days.  Not hungry like I need to snack.  Hungry like I feel like I am getting enough food to eat.  I actually felt faint today.  I am still going to use My Fitness Pal, but I am not sticking to the calories I have it set on...I am going slightly above.  I am eating healthy.  My weight is the same as last week but I was wearing flip flops and was wet.  I am going to keep eating the way I am eating and exercising the way I'm exercising.  If I lose weight, I lose weight.  If I don't, I don't.  I guess the upside is I am not going to gain a bunch of weight.

Thursday - Rest

Ugh.  I told myself this winter (especially end of January/early February) I would not push the early mornings if I felt a cold coming on.  I did this last year and I think it took much longer to get over it.  I felt a sore throat coming on yesterday and it got worse last night.  I slept OK, but I it hurt in the morning.  It's not strep--just a cold.  As hard as it was, I didn't go the gym this morning and I'll probably take tomorrow off as well.  I hate being a baby about it, but I just hate colds that linger.  I seem to always catch something end of January/early February.  Plus today the baby I watch is not having a great day and I need that extra dose of strength.  Swimming was hard yesterday.  I didn't feel 100%.  So I am not going to push it.  I'll take it day by day.

Rest of the Week = Rest

I'm not that sick.  I've been able to resume all normal activities.  I have just had a dry cough, sore throat, and runny nose.  I was more tired at the beginning of the week.  I think with all the extra sleep I've been getting and keeping my activity level, this cold has stayed pretty mild.  Had I not done this, I am not sure I would be getting over it this quickly. There's a lot of nasty stuff going around right now.  Oregon has one of the highest amount of flu cases right now.  There's been a ton of people out sick.  I am glad we've not gotten hit as bad as previous years.   I plan on starting up again Tuesday.  I can't run tomorrow because Rob is gone again, but Christina is taking Kara all morning on Tuesday--so I can squeeze a run in mid morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment