Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 27 - February 2

Monday - Rest

I couldn't exercise because Rob is in Florida.  I watched the toddler I usually watch in the mornings all day and Hailey's teacher's daughter part of the day.  It was a long day, but good one.  I LOVE seeing my kids love on the baby and play with the toddler.  It's almost easier than having older kids here.

Tuesday - Ran 4 miles

Christina had Kara for two hours.  I didn't want to run.  It's so hard starting up after a break.  I did get out there and thankfully it wasn't raining very hard yet.  It wasn't the greatest run--I felt tired at points and not at my best.  I completed it.

Wednesday - Swam 1/2 hour

Cheryl came over around 8:30 so I could swim at the gym.  I timed myself swimming 1/4 mile so I what time to register with for the triathlon.  I shaved two minutes off my time and was at about 13 minutes.  I'm swimming faster.  :)  Afterwards I did 200 pull 100 kick and then 100 drills.  Don't mind swimming at night sometimes though I miss the morning swimming crew.

Thursday - Group Ride

I am an evening exerciser this week just due to Rob being gone.  He's back, but I was not going to do an early morning since he just got home late Wednesday night (and I swam at 9 at night).  Rob took the kids out at 5 and I went to Ride.  The instructor teaching was the guy who used to teach 5 PM Power and I never really cared for him.  I loved how he taught Ride--I think it's more of his thing.  It was a great workout.  Sometimes Ride get boring and tedious, but he kept it exciting and interesting.  I felt like I got such a great workout.

Friday - Ran 5 miles

I ran around 4:40 after Abby got picked up.  Such a good run.  Felt amazing.  It was sprinkling and rainy a little bit at times.  My body temp was all off again when I got home and I had to shower right away since we had an event at the kid's school.  My feet were all numb.  It was a great run though.

Saturday - Brick:  25 minutes swim, 32 minutes stationary bike

The two things I dislike about brick workouts are the amount of stuff you need to take to the gym (I had to take two bags) and how long they take.  I have to allow for two hours.  I really need to do them Saturday mornings but that is my one and only day to sleep in.  I can't do them on Friday mid morning or afternoon like I did last year since I work now during that time. Swimming went really good again.  Bike was OK.  I like Group Ride more now which is good--it took me awhile to get into that class. Biking solo on the other bikes is not as fun.

Sunday - Only ran with Hailey for her training.  I think we did about 8 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment