Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 29 - September 2

Monday -  Rest

Not starting off the week very well.  Had a really busy weekend running from one thing to the next.  Was quite tired and could not get up.  I could not work out over Rob's lunch as he had a lunch meeting.

Tuesday - Biked 45 minutes

It took four alarms but I made it out of bed and on my bike by 6:45 AM.  I had a great ride.  It is getting much cooler in the mornings, but thankfully still sunny.  Feel way more confident on my bike and the uphills are getting easier.

Wednesday - Group Power & Ran 2 miles

Group Power kicks my butt!  So sore in my triceps, biceps, and shoulders.  Love the workout though.  I got there five minutes early and barely got a spot.  So many crazy people getting up early.  I was so worn out I could barely run.  Once I got going, I got into a groove.  Had a really good day too.  Got a lot done and spent quality time with the kids.

Thursday - Ran 3 1/4 miles

I could not get up this morning.  Still struggling with mornings. Slept until 7:30.  Thankfully Rob was home at lunch today and I ran during his lunch.  I love running outside.  Prefer it hands down to the treadmill.  I ran through the neighborhood behind the place where Hailey takes swimming. I like that little neighborhood.  It was a good run.

Friday - Yoga 35 minutes

Really wanted to get up this morning and go to the gym.  Don't know where my motivation has gone.  Rob was gone all day in Portland with the older two kids.  Kara and I went to Riverfront Park in the morning and ran errands until lunch.  I managed to get some cleaning done while she napped.  Feels so incredibly strange to just have one child in the house.  Those days seem like eons ago.  Anyway I also did a yoga video while she napped.  My muscles and legs have been so tight lately.  It really helped.  I don't like videos.  I love the workout classes that have better music and people around.  But it's a good alternative because I can't really get to the gym at all today.

Saturday - Bike 15 minutes, Group Power, swam 10 minutes, bike 20 minutes

I told Rob I really wanted to make Saturday Power.  He had to go to Hubbard and pick up all the meat, but offered to take the kids.  He lent me his bike lock so I could bike to the gym.  Wow--I am loving biking.  It is so fun!  Power was the same workout as Wednesday except the shoulder track was different.  I managed to do all the push ups on my toes.  The triceps track was still hard.  The shoulders track--so tough!  I was really glad I went.  I swam about ten minutes (about four full laps) and I wish I loved it as much as I love running and biking.  It's still so hard and kind of frustrating.  I really hope the swim lessons will help me with technique and be able to do continuous laps without feeling like I am going to lose a lung.  I need to spend a couple weeks and just focus on swimming.  I will probably do that once the rain hits and biking and running outside is not going to be as pleasant.  The ride home was fine aside from the fact I feel like I am playing chicken if I am going to make a left turn from Commerical to Kuebler on a bike.  I just won't do it.  I had to bike all the way up to Trader Joe's and take Hilfiker home which cost me an extra ten minutes.  Rob suggested taking Barnes which might work, but there's not a light there.

They also have switched around the early morning schedule at the gym.  If I am going to do Power twice a week, I am going to have to do it back to back days (Thursday & Friday) which is not ideal.  I will not be able to do Saturday Power for the next eight weeks as I have swimming then.  I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Sunday - Rest

I did not sleep well Saturday night.  I was up several times and then up again at 4 when Rob heard noises outside.  :(  Turned out to be nothing.  He thought it was an ambulance door slamming and thought our neighbors (they're old) were in trouble.  I took a nap in the afternoon and then got some things done around in the house afterwards.  I ended up having nursery unexpectedly in the evening service.  It was fine.  Adam was in there half the time too and played with the preschool boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment