Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 13 - 19

Monday:  Biked about 40 minutes

I got out around 6:40 AM and did about a 7-8 mile ride around the neighborhood.  Nice to be out riding.

Tuesday:  Ran 3 miles

Got out by 6:50 AM and ran around the Sumpter neighborhood.  It was going to be in the high 90's so everyone was out running or biking.  So glad I didn't wait until Rob's lunch--would have been too hard.  It is humid too and my body is not used to it.  For some reason I have a scratchy throat and on and off sneezing--my allergies act up in August.  Same thing as last year.

Wednesday:  Group Power & Ran 2 miles

Made it to morning Group Power and it was the toughest Power workout I've ever had.  So many push ups!  I really pushed myself though and increased my weight.  Biceps and shoulders are still the toughest.  I did 2 miles on the treadmill afterwards.

Thursday:  Group Ride

I went to the 6 AM Ride class.  A little funny that the instructor is Hailey's PE teacher.  The class was probably a 1/4 full and I hope that means they don't cancel it.  I can't make the 5:00 AM class--way too early.  6 is doable.  I had not been to Group Ride since I was training for the Sacramento marathon back in 2010.  It is a tough class and I don't always completely understand how it works--but I'm willing to go once a week especially if it gets too dark in the morning to ride my bike.

Friday: Ran 3.1 miles on treadmill & swam 15 minutes

My body is sore in places it is not usually sore like my triceps, core muscles, abs etc.  This is good because it means I am working parts of my body that were not normally worked when I was training for the marathon.  I ran on the treadmill on the 5K track and I kept the incline low so I could run fast.  I liked running a faster pace.  I swam about 4 laps with breaks into laps and lengths.  It's still so tough.  Although I know I am improving, it is such a slow progression compared to running and biking.  I am signing up for an adult swim class in September and I'm hoping that will really help me.  I also need to try swimming before I run or bike versus after.

Saturday - Group Power

I went to the 9 AM Power class.  Had hopes to get to the gym a little earlier than that and swim again.  The kids were sleeping in.  I took a small dose of Nyquil last night to help with my throat and I slept so much better.  I did get up in time to eat breakfast and make it to the Power.  I had leave right afterwards so Rob could get to the office.  Same instructor as Wednesday and almost the exact same workout.  With all those push ups.  Yuk.  I kept my weight almost the same as Wednesday.  I felt good pushing myself to the limit.  It's been a great week of workouts.  I managed to work out every single morning.

My weight is the same.  I am maintaining it fine without using My Fitness Pal.  I'll go back on if I start gaining a lot of weight again.

Moodwise I have been a little stressed and overwhelmed.  The end of August is not my favorite time of year as there is such a crunch to get ready for the fall.  I am trying to handle it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment