Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 3-9

I am here! I really needed a 10-14 day period to get my fall routine "re-established." I am happy to say I have been getting up EVERY morning at 6:40 AM to read my Bible and pray. I have been super consistent and have benefited richly in every single area of my life. I feel like "the spiritual desert" I was describing is in my past and I have pressed forward relying on God's leading. The Tim Keller books I read last winter and this summer also helped. So my goal this week to get my exercise routine in order. I am not pushing myself to exercise in the mornings anymore. It just doesn't work. I cannot get up at 5:45 or 6 AM. With us not sitting down to dinner until 6:15 two to three nights of the week because of soccer, the kids not getting to bed until 8--I cannot go to bed around 10. Usually I am in bed by 10, but I often read for a half hour to forty-five minutes. I might try mornings again later in the year. Right now it is way too dark in the morning anyway and the rain hit this week. There is constant rain in the forecast. It looks like it is going to be a very wet October.

Monday - Boot Camp - 30 minutes

Love this DVD and going to stick with it a couple more weeks. I am just getting the hang of it and really like it. I managed to do it at 9:30 while both kids were finishing up watching Dora, playing and having snack. I had to stop once to change a diaper, but otherwise it worked out just fine.

Tuesday - Ran 1.5 miles

Ran to Hailey's school and back during Rob's lunch. Good run. It went fine. Awesome weather (I ran in between rain storms).

Wednesday - Boot Camp - 30 minutes

Kara and Derek watched about 10 minutes of Sesame Street and were done. I guess I can't complain my kids are not that interested in TV! Some people have the opposite problem with their kids. Derek watched the utility truck outside for like 15 minutes and Kara ate her snack. So I could do most of the workout interrupted except for like a five minute pause to check on Derek and get Kara her snack. It was a really good workout. When I did this DVD a couple weeks ago, it was so hard in some places. I dreaded parts of it. Now I am slowly getting the routine down.

I looked ahead at Newport Marathon. I would have to officially start training end of February. So I am going to stick with the short runs for about 8 weeks. Then get my mileage up to around 8-10 miles for 12 more weeks. After that, I should be ready to train.

2 comments:

  1. Amy - I am really into the Jillian Michael workouts but love switching it up and trying new ones. What is the Boot Camp one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Crunch: Boot Camp Training with Susan Hitzman. The Crunch Gym workout series are all on our instant Netflix. I can utilize them on the TV with our Roku device or else I use the computer. Lately I have been using the computer because I have more room in the eating area. You can probably get them on Amazon.

    I was actually going to switch to Jillian Michaels in a few weeks. :) I need to see what I can get off Netflix.

    ReplyDelete