Monday, October 24, 2011

Week of October 24-30

I took another break. My sister and her family were here. Then I got this really bad cough after they left. Earlier last week I felt so overwhelmed. I don't know if it was the fact I missed my sister (I'm always a little "emotionally off" for a couple days after I see family), or the fact I had a lot going last week (ETM & MOPS), or the fact I was coughing and had a head cold--but it was triggering a lot anxiety. Like I almost felt like I was in a panic when I was in Costco on Tuesday. I felt so overwhelmed, but I handled it a lot better than a year ago when I had this. I decided to put exercise off until I get myself together. Rob gave me a lot of time to myself this weekend. I've had very little time to myself lately. I stayed home from church yesterday because Kara was still sick. I actually took too much Nyquil and Dayquil and I was in a loopy fog all day. All I wanted to do was sleep. Yet I felt like my body would not fully let me. Thankfully the kids were really really good yesterday. Derek and Kara have been playing better.

Monday - Crunch Boot Camp - 30 minutes

I still feel weak from the cold and the fact I've not been exercising. But I was able to get through the workout. I drank A LOT of water and pushed myself through it. I still feel a little dizzy and weak in the arms and legs--but nothing like the last few days. Feels good to get moving again. Hope it's a productive week in terms of exercise.

Tuesday - Ran 1.5 miles

It is officially cold here. It was only 45 when I went running at lunch. Not cold for October, but it was in the 60's over the weekend. I ran to Walgreens. It felt really good to run. I thought I would be lagging and feel dizzy, but I felt great. I have had no anxiety since yesterday morning and that helps. Derek and Kara were not great today, but I handled it better. I seriously think it was all the breaks Rob gave me this weekend--I was getting really drained with all the household and kids stuff. Nice to be back in an exercise routine again.

Wednesday - Ran 1.5 miles

So good to be running again. Felt great! I just ran up Liberty to Ewald and then to Cunningham. I had to stop at Roths and buy stuff to make muffins. I feel so good having worked out this week. Derek is sick today, but not too bad. I think he should be fine by tomorrow--if not for sure by Friday. Very relaxing day. Got a lot done around the house and Kara was good.

Thursday - Crunch Boot Camp 30 minutes

A little bummed Hailey is sick today and we had to miss the pumpkin patch field trip. And the weather is absolutely perfect too. It's been so sunny this week and nice out. Too bad we have had sick kids. I am hoping she is better by tomorrow. Derek is back to normal. Very glad he is napping this afternoon. I did the work out at 2:30 this afternoon and it was tough. I did not feel as strong today. I also kept thinking about everything I still have to do today. Which is why I would much rather work out in the morning and get it done and over with. The afternoon is nice when it is a less intense time...reading, writing, etc. But glad I got it done and been able to exercise this week.

Friday - Ran 1.5 miles

Had a great run! Ran at 8 AM and it was super nice to get it done in the morning. Perfect morning out. I just ran my two mile course, but walked the last half mile. Feeling strong and ready to start adding the miles. It's been a great week. Stayed on top of the cleaning, laundry, and exercise. It has made me so calm and less anxious. It also barely rained. We saw the sun all week. I wish every week could be like this. I'm really enjoying just being at home. I don't feel as overwhelmed. I did not think dropping out of vet. school would make a huge difference, but it's made all the difference. I am pleasantly surprised. I don't miss it nearly as much anymore.

Saturday - Rest Day

Really busy day. I helped the VS family set up for Fall Harvest Carnival most of the morning. Then I took a nap in the afternoon and Harvest Carnival stuff all evening. Fun night.

Sunday - 40 minute walk

Had such a good week and weekend, but in a crummy mood today. I slept funny and strained some muscle in my neck and it hurts all the way up to my right ear. It goes in and out. Plus I just feel mentally and emotionally drained. And tired!! I went on a forty minute walk around the neighborhood and that was probably the highlight of my whole day. Honestly I felt so at peace. I am just starting to feel overwhelmed again and not sure what is causing it. It's always a guessing game whether it is hormones, life situations, or just randomness. I honestly think one of the biggest reasons is the lack of alone time. Last weekend I felt SO rested and relaxed...and calm. I had a lot of time to myself. This weekend I had next to nothing. Just the way it worked out. I don't want to be antisocial, but I just can't do all this running around anymore. I have kids in my space ALL DAY long. I love them and enjoy being with them, but it can be very very draining. By 8 PM I have nothing left. I am hoping for an OK week though. I'm glad the only major thing I have going is ETM which is pretty manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment