Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 22 - 27

I decided I am NOT going to train for anything yet. If I do the Newport Marathon I will need to start training around February. I would like to get up to 8 miles by then and I am going to take my time doing it. I really want to concentrate about toning, ab workouts, and run/walking. I might do a 5K in the fall, but not sure when. I am only going to run 3-4 days a week and 2-3 miles for the first few weeks. No hills or interval runs for a few weeks.

I am no longer sick, but I have a sore throat (NOT strep) and mild laryngitis. The girls have it too. Last week I did no regular exercise except hiking 10 miles at Silver Falls. Rob strained his knee and I think he has bursitis. He was fine the whole hike...it started to hurt the next day. I was a little sore, but recovered fairly quickly. I LOVE hiking!!! Was awesome.

So I just am going to record my weekly workouts. I also am cutting myself down to one sweet snack a day. I am going hard core again with the fruits and veggies like I did when I was on Weights Watchers.

Monday: I ran/walked 2 miles. I ran most of it. I gave myself three very short walking breaks. I did not really need them. I could have ran the whole way. I really want to ease back into it and not overdue it. I am still fighting the after effects of this virus or whatever it was. I enjoyed the morning so much more doing it this way. I was pleased I got out there at 6:40 AM. I've not done these morning runs all summer except once or twice during VBS week. I also did 10-15 minutes of abs on my own: crunches, bicycle, side planks, regular plank. So thankful Camelia brought over fresh blueberries and tomatoes! Need fresh fruit and veggies in the house!

Tuesday: I did 20 minutes of abs and thigh workouts on the 10 Minute Solution on Instant Netflix. Good workout and got going at 7 AM. Need to stay on this morning routine. It helps the day go smoother!!

Wednesday: Did 20 minutes of arms and glutes. Really challenged myself on the push ups and am quite sore! I also did my own ab workout for about 10 minutes while I had Fox News going on the background. I was glad I got out bed before 7 again.

Thursday: I ran 2 miles and my did 2 mile timed route that goes by the park and along Liberty. Originally I was going to walk when I got to Liberty for 1-2 minutes, but felt better after 1 mile. So I just kept moving and ran the whole way. I am not at the place I was running wise in June, but I am taking my time getting there. I am enjoying running now and not feeling bad about not training for races right now. My motivation is more toning and enjoying the mornings. I got out at 6:45 AM. Four mornings a row! It's been a good week. I also did 10 minutes of abs again on my own. I would not say the morning exercise makes my day any less stressful. I had a few struggles with the kids this morning and then again in the evening. I would say my anxiety kicks in during certain circumstances. But I don't feel out of control. I now know what triggers it and I am handling it so much better than I did six months ago. I'm not yelling at the kids or zoning out on the computer (I intentionally keep the computer off from 9 AM until nap time every single day now). I'm also eating healthier. I'm also more intentional with reading my Bible, praying throughout the day, and listening to others instead of talking all the time. I think it's all a matter of balance. All those components were out of balance last December right after Christmas and I really just fell apart. Here's hoping that does not happen again this winter.

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - 10 minutes of arms, 10 minutes of glutes, 5 minutes of abs

Managed to squeeze in it even though we had a very, very busy Saturday with meetings at church in the morning and party at the Hiemstra's at night. Good workout.

Sunday - Rest

I wanted to run before church, but my knee was hurting me. I don't know if I strained something yesterday while working out. I did trip off a wooden step at Hiemstra's and felt like something was twisted. I was a little worried about straining something so I stayed back. I was going to try and run on it in the afternoon, but it was in the high 80's and we were at Ramak's all afternoon. It was a very exhausting Sunday and I think I cried three times throughout the day. Yes, the kids are a little crazy right now and I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment