Monday, August 1, 2011

10 K training Week #3

Monday - Ran 3 miles, stretching and strength training

It is finally hot out. I planned on running in the morning and was even awake in time. Rob said his throat still hurt and he was calling the doctor. He wanted to get tested for strep. Then he said his throat hurt, but he felt fine otherwise. He said he was going to work and would be happy to watch the kids during his lunch I could run. I hate running in the heat even though it was barely 80 degrees. I had to stop and drink water twice. I also missed my turn on Welcome Way and got a little mixed up on what streets dead in to where. I think I did about three miles. I really did not want to mess with the exercise videos today. I did the plank, 50 crunches, 25 bicycles, 20 leg lifts, and some basic stretching. At this point I am not sure if I am going to the 10K, but I like this amount of running 3-5 miles 4-5 times a week (although I am averaging running more like 3-4 times a week). So I'm going to stick with the training guide for now. Even if I end up doing a 10K later in the fall or winter, at least my mileage will be up already.

Tuesday - Ran 4 miles, stretching and abs work

I ran during Rob's lunch again. A little hot out, but I took a whole bottle of Gatorade with me. Went fine. I ran to Valleywood and back. Running much stronger and getting more used to the heat. Still don't want to mess with exercise videos so I did side planks on each side, 55 crunches, 20 bicycles, leg lifts, and basic stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment