Monday, July 25, 2011

10 K Training Take 2 Week #2

Monday - Ran 3 miles

I ran over Rob's lunch and I made a new route on Welcome Way. Loved it! Need a change. Perfect amount of small hills and nice neighborhood. I will be doing that one again. I ran pretty hard because by Mile #2 I was dragging. I got a second wind by 2.5. Feel like I am back in the running mode again. Hailey and I might do one of the Willamette Cross Country Nights on August 4th.

I also ran about 1/4 mile with Hailey and Derek at Crossler Middle School. Then they played in the long jump sand pit afterwards. It was nice to be outside with them. Hailey wants do the short run so I told her I wanted her to practice a couple times.

Tuesday - Ran 3.5 miles

I ran over Rob's lunch again. I just ran to Sumpter School and back. It was hotter out than I realized. I kind of wish I would have had water with me. The run went really well.

Wednesday - Intervals 8x400

I took Hailey and Derek to Crossler Middle School again. Hailey did the 400 and I ran with her part of the way. That was my warm up run. She got to about 200 and then kept wanting to walk. She did fine though. She also did half of my last interval and raced me at the end. The kids loves playing in the sand pit again.

I did my intervals while they played. Intervals kick my butt. I try to run them hard. But by the last two, I was sweaty, tired, and thirsty. It is nice to do have something different. It gives variety to the schedule. I also like including Hailey and Derek. I do have a memory of my dad taking me to the track while he ran. I must have been like 4 years old because it was at the high school in New York where Jennifer took gymnastics.

Thursday - Sunday

I got a little thrown off by the end of the week. Rob has been on and off sick with a sore throat. He is getting tested for strep right now. He is not wiped out like I was, but it is has been pretty persistent. He was in bed all of Saturday morning. I did not run any of these days. But Friday I did LOTS of walking. I went shopping with Cheryl and Trisha in Portland from around 2 - 8:30 PM. We were all over the place. Yesterday I hiked the South Falls at the church picnic in my flip flops. I know I worked myself because my legs are sore. I feel a blister coming, but I don't think it's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment