Monday, July 11, 2011

July 10 - 16

Monday - 2 miles

I am back after too long of a running break. I had the same problem last summer. It's really hard to squeeze running in when you want to spend time with the kids and work on VBS stuff...and sleep in. I was up to 8 miles and had several good weeks of running. It was very frustrating getting strep twice in there and also dealing with seasonal allergies. I lost the drive to train for a 10K. :(

I am going to start a 8 week training program to improve my 5K. And possibly do another 5K in August or September. Then we'll go from there. If I do the Newport Marathon next June, I would not mind doing a 1/2 marathon in the winter. Right now the idea of improving on my 5K and doing 3-5 mile runs sounds best. Especially with VBS, family vacation, and trying to spend extra time with the kids before Hailey goes back to school.

This morning I got out the door at 7:25. I just did an easy 2 mile run around the neighborhood. I went really slow and I could tell I have not run in over 2 weeks...closer to 3. I did not have to stop and walk at all. I felt pretty strong. It was just good to get out there again.

Tuesday - 10 minutes of legs stretches/10 minutes of abs/1 hour of walking

I got up at 7:25 and did the 10 minute solutions leg stretches and abs. Felt so good to stretch. Really needed that! We did canvassing tonight for VBS and did a lot of walking. Again it felt really good to move and walk around. As I am writing this I have a minor sore throat. It's not like the last two times I had strep. I am SO hoping it's not. I had some anxiety about it this afternoon. I don't feel fatigued and it does not hurt to swallow at this point. I told Rob I will either be waking up in the morning and calling the doctor or else going running.

Wednesday - 2 mile run

No strep. By yesterday evening my throat felt more hoarse. Not like painful swallowing. I am congested and my eyes a little itchy. I think it is allergies. It still feels this way. It's not gotten worse. I am pretty sure it is seasonal stuff. What is up with this week? It's COLD here for July. Crazy. It's been raining the last two days. We can't even hit 80. What is the deal!

I ran on Rob's lunch because the timing worked better than going out in the morning. I did my regular 2 mile square and I felt really really good. The stretching was much needed yesterday and I think it made a difference. This is warm up week and then I am going to start a 5K improvement training. I need to scan fall/winter races and see if anything catches my eye.

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - around 3 miles

I ran to Woodmansee Park and back which I believe is just under 3 miles. It was a great fun. I felt wonderful. I also saw that there is a race to support firefighters at Minto Brown in September. I could do the 10K. And Hailey wants to race again too. She could do a 1/2 mile. That is kind of our plan as of right now. Like I know, plans change.

Saturday - Rest Day

I really needed to catch up on cleaning today. I was active cleaning the house. Just did not get out and run.

Sunday - Rest Day

I was planning on running today, but I am starting a pretty intense 10K training program on Monday. I did not want to start it coming off a long run. Also I REALLY needed a nap. The fact Hailey actually took a nap allowed me a long Sunday nap. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment