Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Week #7, #8 and #9 of 24

 I have been way more motivated to run lately versus go to the gym and do other workouts.  But I guess that is good.  

Monday (18):  Everyone was off school and work due to MLK day.  So I ran in the morning after I woke up and did four miles with a pace of 9:59.  I ran through the neighborhood.

Tuesday (19): Group Ride & weights

Wednesday (20):  Long run.  I went at 10:33 so I could watch the inaugaration.  I ran 12:09 miles with a pace of 10:02 miles.  I especially liked running around Lee Middle School on the track.

Thursday (21): Swim 1,000 yards and weights

Friday (22):  Ran intervals at Wendy Kroger Park in the afternoon.

Saturday (23):  Emily and I ran from Riverfront Park to Bush Park and back.  We did 6.23 miles with a pace of 9:56 miles.

Sunday (24):  Rest  

Monday (25): Ran 4 miles in the late afternoon with a pace of 9:57 

Tuesday (26): Group Ride and weights

Wednesday (27): Ran in the snow!  7.01 miles with a pace of 10:05

Thursday (28):  Long run.  13 miles with a pace of 10:20.  I ran starting in Monmouth and ran to Independence and back.  Then I unfortunately discovered I locked the wrong key in the car.  Rob had to drive all the way to Monmouth and let me back in.  I was able to complete my run in time to get my COVID vaccine.

Friday (29):  Weights and swam 1,000 yard.  I felt really sluggish due to the vaccine.

Saturday (30):  Ran a tempo run with Emily at Bush Park.  I still felt sluggish but better.  We did three miles.

Sunday (31):  Rest

Monday (1):  It's a kick back week.  I ran 5 miles over lunch with a pace of 10:12.

Tuesday (2):  Tried to run a 5K at race pace.  I thought running with the kids while they biked to school would help motivate me.  I could not keep at all.  I had to stop twice and caught my breath.  I felt slow.  My time was 27:02 which is about two minutes slower than what I normally do.

Wednesday (3):  Ran 5 miles at lunch again and felt better.  My pace was 9:42.

Thursday (4):  Group ride in the morning and weights in the afternoon

Friday (5):  So not motivated to swim.  I did weights and then about 15 minutes on the rowing machine.

Saturday (6):  Ran almost 5 miles with Tracy.  Have greatly missed running with her.  Then Derek and I ran 1 mile and practiced obstacles in Independence in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment