Saturday, February 9, 2019

Ugh sickness stinks

I am really glad I did not try to exercise this week because I would be setting myself up for failure.  On Thursday I woke up feeling crummy.  I felt nauseous in the shower.  I chalked it up to PMS and knew it would improve as the day went on.  I tried not to think about the fact I had to work a 12 hour day.  It did not get better.  It got worse as the day went on.  Around 4:00 PM I started to get up and walk around, set up chair etc.  I thought that would help after sitting at the computer for two hours.  I felt way worse.  By that time I was getting chills.  I went home early.  I got in the house a little after 5 and went right to bed. The chills got worse and my stomach started to hurt.  I threw up once.  I thought it was another quick bug because I slept all night.  I did not get up in the night at all.  I woke at 6:30 AM and felt weak.

I decided to move to the family room and watch a movie after the kids left for school. Then I felt awful to the point I was crying.  I felt so weak and miserable.  I tried to drink Gatorade but I could not keep it down.  Rob had me try Pepto Bismal but I could not keep it down either.  I literally sat on the bathroom floor crying.  By 10:30 AM I felt like my body was crashing and I went back to bed.  Rob put a warm wash cloth on my head.  I slept until 3:30 PM.  I remember the TV shows changing and Rob coming in at times.  I honestly don't remember much else. It felt like I only slept 2 hours, but Rob said I was out for 6. I felt significantly better when I woke up--just weak.  By the evening I could keep down saltines and Gatorade.

I am better today.  I am thankful we don't have to go anywhere or be anywhere.  If today was a workday, I still don't think I could go in.  I am ready to be healthy today.  The last two weeks have been incredibly frustrating.  I feel like I am working in a sea of germs because everyone is getting really sick.  I am hoping I don't break out in hives again, but honestly I won't be shocked if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment