Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Post Marathon Week

I am two weeks post marathon and I was going to start exercising this week.  Mondays are a good day for me to take off despite this silly Facebook campaign going around that says, "Don't skip the Monday workout."  Maybe I am a rebel by nature so I intentionally skip the Monday workout.  In all seriousness, it helps me to get to work earlier on Mondays and get ready for the week.  If I have the pressure to get a workout in as well, it makes it a little more stressful than it needs to be.  This morning (Tuesday) I woke up ready to hit the gym and go to Group Ride.  I went into the kitchen and was very surprised to see snow all over the ground.  Especially since there was only a thirty percent chance last night.  I checked the school closings and Salem/Keizer was not closed.  I figured I should still go to the gym.  I refreshed the screen at 5 AM Salem/Keizer popped up as closed.  I tried to go back to bed, but I was already up.  I thought I would go to the gym later.  I enjoyed being at home today plus I had a head ache.  I still don't feel completely over this cold/stomach sickness I had last week and on Sunday night.  I decided I will take one more week off.  I feel like I am not ready to get back into the grind again.  My body does not feel quite ready for it either.  I think I will ready go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment