Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Pre Marathon Training Week #2 of 5

My overall goal until August is to do 5 workouts a week.  If I can get 6 in, that is fantastic.  I am not going to push myself to do 5.  My priority this summer is completing my summer course, pursuing hobbies, working on this Bible Study on self image and most importantly spending time with the family.  I have great moments with our kids, Rob, and friends--that is where I want my focus to be.  I don't want my training to get in the way of that.  I think I am finding every summer that is actually easier to train during the school year versus the summer.  Even with more free time, my motivation is better during the school year.

Monday = Ran 2 miles, walked 2 miles and rollerbladed 1 mile.  I was camping with the kids at Champoeg.  I wished I would have been able to take my bike because I would have liked to ride with them.  They had a great time riding on their own.  I did run behind them, roller blade behind them and I went on a long walk.

Tuesday = Rest

Wednesday =  I had a really good workout at the gym in the evening.  Did the various weight machines, my PT exercises, push ups etc.  I need to this once a week.  It's better for me right now than Power and I enjoy it.

Thursday = Ran with 4.02 miles with Tracy.

Friday = Swam 1200 yards at the outdoor pool.  Also did On Your Feet Friday which was a lot of walking.

Saturday = Biked 13 miles with Salem Bicycle Club in Ankeny Wildlife Refuge.  It was SO hot but a good ride!

Sunday = Rest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment