Monday, March 14, 2016

Things are better

Life itself has been a bit more manageable and not nearly as overwhelming since March 1st...actually more like February 29th.  The kids adjusted to Sarah not being here, got back into the normal school day to day routine.  The first week of March I tried getting up between 5 and 5:30 every single morning and it really worked well.  The same wake up/same go to bed time really helped me function.  I did Ride on Monday of that week, Power on Tuesday, swim on Wednesday, ran on Thursday, Ride again on Friday, Saturday was a day off, and Sunday I ran a short run before church.  That Saturday was a busy run around Saturday with Battle of the Books with a lunch party afterwards, cleaning & getting ready for the week & we went out with J & S at night.  I didn't feel exhausted and moody like I often do on Saturdays.  That Sunday I hoped to run more (I think I did barely 4 miles) but a run before church was much needed.

Last week was a little more challenging as I was in Tacoma Thursday morning until Friday night.  Then Rob was in Portland all day Saturday.  I only missed Wednesday because A & G's baby had a rough night and almost did not make it on Tuesday around 11 pm.  Rob went down to the hospital and I was so jumpy I could not sleep.  We only slept a couple hours and were tired all day.  I was glad the baby was OK and I felt totally legitimate in skipping swim.  I did run with Tracy on Monday and Map My Run was updating so all my data was lost.  I think I did around 4 miles.  On Tuesday I did Power.  Wednesday I skipped.  Thursday I left for Tacoma but I managed to get about a four mile run in before we left.  Again MMR was not working properly so I could not keep track of my mileage.  On Friday morning I rode this bike in the somewhat junky hotel we all stayed at.  It was the type at the gym where you are low to the ground and the seat is like a normal chair.  I only wanted to leave the girls for a half hour or so it was not a long workout.  At least it counted for something.  On Saturday I was able to swim when Rob got back.  Again only a half hour but I timed myself swimming a 1/4 mile and I'm at around 11 minutes.  Yesterday I wanted to run, but with daylight savings making us so tired.  And the fact we had blowing rain and wind storms all day--it was not very nice out.  I also went to go see A in the afternoon with friends and I didn't get home until after 3.  I had to go to evening church because one of our interns was preaching.

So here we are in the second full week of March though it feels like the third week.  Beaver Freezer is two weeks from Saturday and I feel like I have had zero time on my bike to prepare.  Thank you rainier than normal winter.  I have been at Ride pretty regularly and I may get some outside rides in over Spring Break.  It is only a 15 mile ride which is not very long...so if I have to wing it--I will do so.  Today I ran by myself.  Tracy texted me during the night saying she could not run and was getting zero sleep.  So I went by myself and did 4.61 miles.  It was cold, dark morning--I greatly dislike daylights savings.  But I got a good run in so grateful for that.  It's the week before Spring Break and my child care schedule is not regular.  I am so looking forward to Friday afternoon when my Spring Break officially starts--and I have some time off.

Rob's pastoral schedule has not slowed down--in many ways it's more intense.  My schedule has slowed and I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed.  The kids are doing better too.  So that makes things a little more manageable and we can be better there for him.  So thankful he gets next Sunday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment