Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Back to the routine...good-bye Spring Break

So Spring Break is officially over and we are back at school/work.  We're hitting the last quarter of the school year where there are so few breaks and time off.  It is going to be a mental push to get to June.

Last week Wednesday I went hiking at Silver Falls.  Derek and I did about three miles.  It is a nice little hike and very scenic.  We both LOVE hiking.  We both crave the outdoors.  It won't be our last hike...that's for sure.  I did not do any kind of workout.  After coming home we did family stuff the rest of the afternoon into the evening.  On Thursday afternoon I went to Group Ride.  Even though I like the morning instructors significantly more, it was better than the last time I went.  I got in a very good workout.  On Friday I had to work (which I was probably too grouchy about) and I could have easily gone to the gym or at least gone running because I did not have to work until 9:30 AM.  I slept until 8:45 PM.  I had not gone to bed very late the night before.  I slept too much and felt overtired and lethargic all day.  It kind of stunk.  The weather was not the greatest either.  Everyone was crabby.  Normally I love Holy Week and the Good Friday service, but I felt so overly distracted, frustrated, tired.  Rob made the point that maybe that is the way we need to approach the cross and that Jesus brings us strength.  Easter doesn't always have to be this big hoopla celebration.  Saturday was a little better.  I had to get up at 6 AM and do an interview for the Banner and I went swimming afterwards.  I took the kids to Easter egg hunts and we went shopping.  The evening was kind of rough and behavior issues somewhat spoiled it.

I had a great 4 mile run Easter morning and I listened to my favorite Christian songs/hymns while I ran.  The rain held off.  It was great to be outside.  The behavior issues we had with some of the kids Saturday night carried over into Sunday morning.  I spent a good part of Sunday morning before church anxious, upset, and frustrated.  Normally I don't mind doing nursery at church (and I really don't do it very often) but it was so chaotic with all the extra kids.  It just added to the exhaustion.  I felt drained the whole rest of the day.

Yesterday I had hoped to go the gym.  The kids did not have school but I had to work all day starting at 7 AM.  I just couldn't get up and allowed myself to sleep until 6:30 AM.  It was a full busy day, but better than Friday.  The nice weather helped.  My own kids did significantly better.  We had one small incident in the morning but it got better from there.  I did get to run in the afternoon and did about three and a half miles.  The pace was better and more evened out--did not start out too fast.

This morning I went to Power and it was a normal Group Power workout.  I am doing the Beaver Freezer on Saturday so I am not trying to push myself significantly.  I am still looking at another triathlon later in the morning but not set on one yet.

I have been a little more anxious than normal lately and irritable.  I really hate being this way and I think some of it is due to hormones.  For some reason my anxiety is always higher in the spring.  Even though it's a great time of year--for some reason my brain overreacts to everything.  I have had to be intentional about not overreacting or complaining the last few days and it takes a lot of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment