Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Side effects and healthy eating

It has been a weird 24 hours to say the least.  Yesterday I started back on my medication. I swam in the morning with Erica and Tracy and it was a great workout.  Aside from my quads feeling very sore from Group Power and a little nausea, I felt pretty normal.  I did child care all day and all the kids including my own did awesome.  We had a fabulous day and I couldn't ask for anything better.  By 5 PM I felt weird--intermittent anxiety, dizziness, nausea, head ache, and my quads felt like lead.  I felt like how I did after I climbed Mount Defiance.  It just got worse.  The anxiety was intense at times that I could not really do anything but lay on the couch.  The nausea would increase the anxiety.  I hate side effects!

I went to bed at 10 PM and slept pretty well aside from waking up a few times.  I did get up at 5:45 am to meet Tracy for a run.  The run was really hard.  I did maybe three miles.  I felt tired, anxious, and slow.  My quads hurt.  I really just wanted to walk.  I am so thankful I got up and went anyway.  I am grateful I pushed through it.  The routine and consistency is what I need--not running is almost worse.  I came home and the jittery anxiety, nausea, and muscle aches were in full swing.  I laid on the couch from 7:15 AM to 8:15 AM.  When I woke up I felt significantly better.  I think it is going to be off and on like this until my body get used to the medication again.  The anxiety and the muscle aches are the worst--I can handle the weird appetite and nausea.

I started eating healthier again and tracking calories just until I get back down to my normal weights.  I had oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and a vegetarian quesadilla for lunch.  It is not the meals though--it really is the snacks.  I'll probably get back into the vegan salads and make some protein bars again next week.  I love having fresh stuff from the garden--that helps too.

My sleep has not been terrible but not great.  I think it will get better once these side effects dissipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment