Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday 4/28: My throat still hurts

Ugh whatever "throat cold" Rob & I got is lingering.  After feeling mostly normal all day, my throat hurt so bad again right before I went to bed. Rob & I know it is not strep because we have the symptoms of a cold and we are coughing. Coughing helps somewhat.  Strep is like swallowing razor blades.  This is just a bad tickle in the throat and the coughing sensation without being able to cough.  I slept OK but I woke up at 5:50 sweating, my head throbbed, and my throat still hurt.  The more I walked around, the better I felt.  So I decided to still meet up with Tracy to run.  I ran a total of 6 miles.  I felt OK.  Around Mile #4 I felt like I was choking and my throat hurt, but it got better. I was going to go for 8 miles, but I was starting to feel dizzy and like I needed to drink water.  I also felt really dehydrated when I woke this morning despite drinking 2 full water bottles yesterday. I still have the raspy voice, throat hurts, and I feel tired.  I am thankful I have less child care today (they are sick too!).  I cannot work out the next two days because Rob is out of town.  My body probably still needs the rest anyway.  I hope I am over it soon, but Rob still feels it.  He had it before I did.  So we'll just take it one day at a time.  It could be a lot worse.  I've not had to miss any work and I was only on the couch on Sunday mostly because I really didn't have to be anywhere or do anything.  My body benefited from the rest.  My appetite is totally normal.  I slept fine last night and I did not take any Benadryl.

No comments:

Post a Comment