Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sick but doing OK

I have not posted in awhile.  I have been reading (WAY too much) a blog of a triathlon mom.  It started out very inspiring and similar to my running/triathlon journey.  Some have been following my marathon training on Facebook.  Other moms I know I want to get back into running, triathlon, exercise...just something...and lack the motivation or the tools.  I have been running now for almost fourteen years (my running anniversary is on Tuesday--day of my first 5K) and I have much to offer.  Since doing more workouts with my tri friends over the past two years, I have learned even more.  I feel like I have reached a new level.

So I thought it would very cool to start a running mom blog.  I even began one and starting writing entries for it. I saved them all as drafts.  Then I discovered 1)  I can hardly keep up the blogs I have. I have never been great with juggling multiple blogs 2)  I've not been given my writing job (the one I actually get paid for) the time it deserves  3) the theme of this school year has been simplifying my schedule versus juggling a bunch of things to the point I hit a state of overwhelm (which happened way more last year)   4)  the blog I was reading started out great and then it started to get repetitive and blah blah blah...same things...how many more race reports can I really read and still enjoy reading them.  5)  I really don't want the extra publicity.  There's a cost with publicizing your whole life.

So today I have a bad sore throat.  I've had it since Wednesday actually.  Usually it turns into a cold but this time it has lingered into a sore throat and my voice is all crackly.  I knew I would feel sick today if I went out last night with Cheryl and her friends to the Silver Spur and come home after midnight.  It was still worth it though.  If anything I felt sick this morning from the Benadryl I took when I got home.  I have been sleeping so restless since I got this sore throat that it keeps Rob awake.  So I chose grogginess and feeling in a cloud all morning versus sleeping restless, keeping Rob awake, and feeling even more tired.  I only had one drink because I had to drive home so I don't have any alcohol related head aches or anything.

Jen and I run the Minneapolis Marathon in 34 days and I have done really well with all the training.  I have not missed a long run (I might have missed one--not totally sure).  I have exercised at least 5 times a week--sometimes four and sometimes as much as six.  This is the first of it I have gotten sick.  I have done two 20 miles that have gone super well.  I have had amazing weather for almost all my long runs.  We are getting so close I can almost taste it.

 I calculated the training weeks wrong so I am actually repeating this upcoming week.  I am doing a 10K, and two 8 milers. This past week I did Group Power, a 6 mile run, 1 hour swim, and a 8 mile run.  I will do something similar this week but three runs instead of two and I am hoping to squeeze in a bike ride or spin class but we'll see.  Rob is gone 2 1/2 days this week so I don't have as much freedom with my schedule.  I will do my last 20 miles Mother's Day weekend and then start to taper.  I am praying I stay healthy and injury free!

No comments:

Post a Comment