Monday, August 12, 2013

August 11 - 17

Monday - Ran 3 miles

It feels like summer is over and it's a tad bit depressing.  I LOVE summer and I feel like this summer went way, way, way too fast.  We've done so much but I wish we had time to do even more.

I did get out this morning and ran 3 miles around the Sumpter Park neighborhood.  It was a really good run.

Tuesday - Biked 50 minutes

It's been a little bit of an adjustment having Rob back at work and very busy with pastoral stuff.  Not the mention the fall kick off for fall programs is looming and I don't feel ready for it.  Thankful that I don't have a lot going this week so at least I can get stuff around the house etc.

I did get my bike out a little later than expected so I could not bike to Minto.  I did bike the Rees Hill loop and it was a good ride.  My bike seat needs to be tightened and adjusted--it's loose and not right at all.  My friend from church looked at it briefly and wasn't sure how to fix it.  If Rob doesn't have the tools I am going to go up to the bike mechanic at the end of the street.  I am still not as motivated to bike.  I just wish we had trails like the ones behind my parent's house.  Biking at Minto is so nice but you have to dodge and go through so many high traffic areas to even get there.  Once the rain comes and it's darker in the mornings I won't be able to bike outside so I guess I should enjoy while I can.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

Really worked on my form today.  I realized I was swimming and not fully utilizing my right side...like it was numb or paralyzed or something...not totally following through.  I worked on that today.  My right arm is sore which is good...means it's getting stronger.  I felt like this increased my speed too.  I did about 3/4 of the triathlete's workout.  Glenn suggested swimming with the kickboard as a target of where my arms need to go so I am going to do that later in the week when I do my shorter swim.  It's really been a great week.  Despite summer feeling so short, I am feeling good.

Thursday - Group Power 1 hour

So it's Launch Week at the gym and the theme is "Go Big!" and you're supposed to wear costumes.  I almost showed this morning in Derek's play construction hat or Hailey's princess crown or some other costume.  I decided to wear my big Red and white M & M socks and red t-shirt with the dogs and cats on it.  Glad I didn't go all out because NO ONE was wearing costumes.  The early morning crowd is very serious...or they just haven't woken up...or both.

Power had an emphasis on "body" which meant we did not use the bar as much.  Which I liked.  Except for ALL the push ups which were grueling.  The triceps track was by the far the hardest with all the tricep dips and push ups.  I struggled on the overhead presses on all the tracks too.  I felt good and glad I could make it two weeks in a row.  Doing well with being disciplined and scheduled and need to keep it up.

Friday - Backwards Brick:  Group Ride (50 minutes) & Swim - 1/2 hour

It's been SUCH a great week of exercise.  Loving it.  I went to 8 AM Ride.  The kids slept in and so did Rob.  7:45 felt like sleeping in to me after the several early mornings this week.  I had not been to ride in awhile.  I wish I would have not taken the bike in the back because it was harder to hear and figure out what was going on.  It was a good workout.  I swam doing my own workout--the pool was SO busy.  I like the early mornings when it's quieter.  I worked on form again.  Also worked on sighting (swimming with eyes closed).  Also worked on arms with the pull buoy.

Saturday - Rest

I think I deserved it!

Sunday - Run 4 miles

I actually got out before church and ran for the first time in probably years.  It's the best time to run but never motivated enough to do it.  The neighborhood is so quiet and there's no traffic...just other runners.  Saw quite a few.  Also bought a new chord for my ipod so I could put new songs on finally.  The run went really well.  I ran the Sumpter route.  Going to slowly increase my mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment