Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week #7

It's VBS week. And I'm in charge. Super crazy week, but it's a great week too.



Monday: Group Power & 4 Miles

Actual : Group Power



No way I could do both having to be at church at 8 AM with all three kids and myself ready to go. I did make it to Group Power. Even with that I was still running crazy at church. I LOVED being at Group Power. It was such a great workout and I am starting to increase my weight. I used to not be able to do more than a couple bench dips and now I can complete them all!



Tuesday: 7 Miles

Actual: 4 Miles



I did the other half of yesterday's workout. I am giving myself some slack this week since VBS is taking over all our schedules this week. Thankfully everyone is OK with that and adjusting fine. Even Kara.



Margie took Hailey and Derek all day after VBS. So I ran at 5:45 PM while Kara was taking a cat nap. I looked at the map wrong and ended up missing my turn. I did not really care where I was running...I just wanted to run and get my energy out. I needed to refocus. So I mostly ran up and down Liberty. I knew I made about four miles...maybe a little more. It was a good run. I think my body is used to running in the morning now and it was a little bit of an adjustment with the warmer air. It was good though. No complaints.

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday

I don't even want to talk about it! I hate missing three days of running!! I could not get out and do it. It was not even possible. I have to cut myself some slack and not be so hard on myself.

Saturday
Actual: 11 miles

My long run was supposed to be 14 miles. I looked at the same workout schedule for Novice Marathon and it said 12. I did not want to run at all. I woke up and felt fatigued. I crawled back in bed. Rob reminded me I would not be able to go later as it is supposed to be like 95 today. So I said I would try and run as much as I can. I knew he was taking Hailey and Derek out and had to leave around 9 AM. So I could not do 14 and be back in time. It was around 6:30ish. So I figured I would do 9 and then see how much time I had left. I knew it was going to be hot. I was warm all night. I knew I would run out of sports drink by Mile #9. I actually ran out much soonner than that and had to detour my route (I was doing the same one as last Saturday) to Woodsmansee Park so I could fill up my water bottle.

When I got to the park I kept running up to the Roths Vista and then would take Liberty back home. I figured when I got back home, I would be at around the 11 or 12 mile mark. It was more like 11. Honestly I could have gone longer. The fact Rob had to start getting the kids ready to go and I was getting really hot, I decided to end it for the morning. I am glad I got that much in. Because when I woke up, I felt like I could hardly run four miles let alone 11. Aside from constantly feeling like I needed fluids (I only stopped to drink about every 1 1/2 - 2 miles and at lights...never stopped just to walk) and the heat, I felt good. My New Balance shoes give me much more heel support than my Sauconys so I think I need to stick with NB for the time being.

We're going on vacation and I know I am not going to run as much again. I know once I get home I should be able to get my mileage back up again. Our schedule will wind down and we do not have anything major until Hailey starts school in early September.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go and get back up and take that run this morning. That takes a lot to do when being under those comfortable blankets is so much easier. WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete