Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week #6

Sunday - Rest
Actual - Rest


It was another busy Sunday with VBS preparation. Everything went very well and I was pleased. I even took a nap in the afternoon. Kara is finally napping better on Sunday afternoons.





Monday - Group Power & 3 Miles
Actual - Ran 3 miles




I had every intention of going to Group Power. Although I set the alarm, I did not turn it on. Is is bad when I woke up at 5:38 and realized it was too late to go, I felt releived I could sleep longer? Probably not. I did run around 7ish for three miles. I did the same route up to Ewald. There was a nice breeze in the air and it was not even in the 60's yet. Perfect running weather. I felt like I was dragging. Kind of weaker than normal.





Tuesday - 6 Miles
Actual - Ran 6 miles




I left around 6:40 AM and ran my five route by Sumpter Park, but I ran through the whole park and also through Woodmansee Park and detoured home on Arlene. I think that equaled about six miles because it took me a little less than an hour. I still felt like I was dragging even though I drank more water. The weather was perfect. I saw some people setting up a hot air balloon and these cool black rabbits that jump around Woodmansee Park. I wish I felt stronger and not like I was dragging. Might be too many late nights and eating too much after 7 PM. I did not have to stop and walk at all, but I did not feel as strong.





Derek is sick and I hoping I don't get it!



Wednesday - Group Power
Actual - Rest


Did not make Group Power again! So frustrating. I had bad insomnia starting around 1:30 AM. I have had bad sleep the last couple nights. Not due to kids. They have been great. Just the mental stress of the Launch Party and VBS. So much to try and get done. Deadlines everywhere. A few frustrating moments with different people. Trying to practice patience and acceptance. Rob is a good example as he deals with this constantly in ministry. He handles it better than I do.



I didn't do any exercise today.



Thursday - 3 Miles
Actual - Rest


Rob suggested I sleep in. I really needed it. It felt really good. My intention was to run in the afternoon or evening. I forgot we had a MOPS park date and we were gone all morning until early afternoon. You know how the evening goes...things get busy, dinner gets on the table late, and we had a 8 PM meeting. I could not get out there and squeeze three miles in. I greatly dislike our busy schedule right now. It is making me grumpy, smothered, and my tolerance level is way down. Even Hailey asking me all these questions all day is aggravating. I really need a break!



Friday - Long run - 12 miles
Actual - Ran 3 miles and Group Power


Switching the schedule and doing the long run on Saturday. I did yesterday's workout and ran three miles doing my normal route. It's not like I had problems running it. I did not have to walk or anything. I just feel like I am dragging. I feel tired. Even the little hills look daunting. Why is this? Three miles should be super easy.



I also went to 9 AM Group Power which was awesome and more fun than the run. Because I have been running so much, the back and legs workouts and lunges are so much easier. I want to get to Power more often!

Saturday - Cross Train
Actual - Long Run 9 miles

I tried a new route today and I think it is one I am going to incorporate into other long runs because it was perfect. The hills were manageable...not overbearing. The neighborhoods were quiet and peaceful...a lot of condos and golf courses. I spent a lot of time running straight down Commercial and Sunnyside which is boring and uneventful. I realize I need that too in my long runs. I ran my five mile route but then took Sunnyside to Rees Hill to Fairway which put me right by the gym I go to. Then I took Commercial back to Idylwood to home. I only stopped to rehydrate and I am trying the Ultima Replenisher we'll get in the marathon. It was nice to finally feel good during a run and not lagging, exhausted, and winded. I actually finished at 7:22 AM.

Not looking forward to 14 miles next week. Honestly next week is going to be tough with VBS. But I have to stick with it because I know I am not going to be as faithful while we're in British Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment