Sunday, April 2, 2023

March Recap

Two things I will remember about workouts in March...first of all I got sick the night of the GEMS Auction.  I could feel a sinus headache coming on.  It turned into this lingering cold which felt like COVID.  My legs hurt during the right and I felt achy for three days.  But I tested negative so maybe it was a virus.  I did not exercise for ten days straight.

Once I get back into it (and it the same week I worked overtime and put in long hours) I hit it hard and completed a lot of workouts including going to Power 30.  The weather was terrible for many of my runs--rain, very cold rain mixed with hail, and temps close to freezing.  Not normal for March and not thrilling to run in.  Also one of my swim workouts was in the South pool which apparently had a broken heater and I felt like a popsicle after the workout.  My ears stung and I never fully warmed up.  The hot tub almost too much of a temperature shock.  

April is going to be a full month.  Lots of track meets, coaching junior high track, Easter events, travel, youth group--everyday has something.  We're also getting closer to end of the year events.  Exercise helps me tremendously.  The one thing that always throws me off is getting sick.  Busy schedules usually don't.  But I am hoping I can stay consistent.

I had thought about training for a fall marathon but I don't want to make a decision on it yet.  I love running.  I like the feeling after the long runs.  I like drinking Ultima and snacking on gu gels.  I like the summer mornings.  I love running at Minto and Bush.  I also get very burned out, lose motivation, and I don't have a ton of people to run with anymore.  I want to go on some long hikes as well.  I have a few more weeks before I have to decide.

 March Stats:

Run =  52.01 miles

Swam = 1.5 miles

Stationary Bike = 17.36

Hike = 0 miles (no hiking in March sadly)

Walk = 7.56

Total Miles = 78.43

Total YTD

Run = 125.61 miles

Swam = 3 miles

Stationary Bike = 29.09 miles

Hike = 15.82 miles

Kayak = 7.62 miles

Walk = 7.56 miles

Total Miles = 188.70  miles

No comments:

Post a Comment