Saturday, July 23, 2022

I Still Hate Early Mornings

 I worked three full days at the beginning of the week.  My plan was to run on Monday with the tri girls and swim with them on Tuesday.  I could not get myself out of bed at 4:40 AM.  My anxiety was so high.  I could not bring myself to do it.  The early mornings are great for getting workouts in but they are exhausting and so much harder in the summer...it's hard to go to bed at 9:30 when it's not technically all the way dark out.  I may have to go back to it in the fall.  Thankfully I still did my workouts this week.

Monday = Run 3 miles of intervals at Wendy Kroger Park

Tuesday = Ran 4 miles in the neighborhood before work.

Wednesday = Swam 1,000 yards in the outdoor pool at West.  I felt lightheaded and dizzy at times.  I don't know if was the buoyancy from the pool filters or else my ears are still messed up from last week.  I was able to complete my workout but I had to take breaks.  I was glad the outdoor pool was open for lap swimming because I didn't realize the indoor pool is still under construction.

Thursday = Went to R30 and took Kara with me.

Friday = Ran 5 miles in the afternoon.  It was nice to be able to run and maintain a good pace.  I had the thought--Maybe I should train for another marathon.  Yikes.  It always seems to come and then I get to training and I get burned out.

Saturday = Went to Power30 with Hailey and did some extra weights and stretches afterwards.

Total mileage for 2022 = 570.61.  1,000 might be a lofty goal as that's a lot of miles to put on this fall, but I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment