Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Week #1 of 24: Here We Go

 I am not training for a specific marathon in mind because I want to wait and see what is available in the spring or early summer.  I am following Hal Higdon's Marathon 3 program which is 24 weeks long.

Monday = Ran 3.1 miles at Riverfront Park while Kara rode her bike.  My time was 26:36.  I really want to break 24 minutes but it is going to be super hard.  I felt like I was going so fast as it was and could barely maintain the pace.  I am going to keep working at it.  It was nice to be outside with Kara and enjoy the Christmas lights.

Tuesday = Bike Ride at Minto Brown.  8.44 miles in approximately 43 minutes.  It felt so great (though a little chilly--should have worn a jacket) to get on my bike again.  I was so sore though.  I actually had to put an icy hot patch on my ankle at night.

Wednesday = Rest.  Kind of stressful day as there are talks (once again!) about going remote.

Thursday = Ran 6 miles in the neighborhood in the morning.  About a 9:54/mile pace.  Thankful it did not rain.

Friday = Did about 25 minutes of weights at the gym and swam for 25 minutes.  I am still not that motivated to swim right now.  Maybe because I am not swimming with my gym friends.

Saturday = I did about 20 minutes of weights and then I did intervals at Pringle Elementary.  I ran a total of two miles basically do one lap repeats with a recovery in between.

Sunday = Ran 3 miles in Keizer.  I met at Emily's house and we did three miles at a faster pace but not as fast as I ran on Monday.  It was a good run and I was glad to run at the beginning of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment