Sunday, April 22, 2018

It is so good to be outside again!

So I decided I want to do Hagg Lake Olympic distance in July. I have money set aside, but I have not registered yet.  I am acting like I am doing it so I am training.  This week was fantastic in terms of getting workouts in.  Which was not easy at all--it was a full week including a very full Saturday.  Here was my week:

Monday = Rest

Tuesday = Group Ride.  My running buddy was recovering from a half marathon.

Wednesday = Swam.  I swam approximately 1300 yards.  I lost track of the count.  I was feeling a discouraged.  I have been swimming with my friends for five years now.  And I am still slower than them.  I can't keep up with them.  I don't know if I have bad form or if I should invest in another swim lesson.  I really tried to do the best I could do.  I also got on the scale and was very discouraged that I keep gaining weight.  I have no idea where that extra weight is coming from because my eating habits have not changed significantly.  I am doing glute exercises as part of my physical therapy almost every night.  So maybe it is coming from strengthening muscles?

Thursday = Ran while Derek biked.  I ran 3 miles at a 8:59 average pace per mile.  This was a great way to do a tempo run because Derek started out slower, then built.  I struggled to keep up but it forced me to maintain a faster pace.  We had such a great time doing it at sunset.  He loved biking on the roads away from the monotonous church parking lot.  I said we would it again and I may try it with the girls as well.

Friday = Ran 5.12 miles in the late afternoon.  I ran by myself at a slower pace about 9:50 minute miles.  I did not feel as strong as Thursday & felt a bit tired.

Saturday = Swam 1,000 yards.  I really worked on my form.  I timed my 1/4 miles and it is 12 and 1/2 minutes.  My weight was up again.  No idea why.

Sunday = Biked 11:43 miles outside.  I only had about an hour so I could not as far as I wanted to.  I did lots of hills which was good practice for me especially if I do Hagg Lake.  I am a much more confident biker.  I am not having issues clipping in and out now or biking with traffic.  Biking with the Salem Bicycle Club was so helpful.  I really miss biking with them, but I probably won't be able to bike with them again until June.  It's not doable with my schedule right now.  Rob and the kids were already at the park when I got back.  So I ran a mile to the park to get a small brick workout in.  Kara and I walked home taking the shorter route so it was about a 0.8 mile walk.  I also decided to try My Fitness Pal to see if I am consuming too many calories.  I hate being such a slave to it but I hate gaining weight too.  I could use a restart with healthier eating.  I have been picking up bad habits since around February.  Nothing substantial...just not being totally careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment