Sunday, January 21, 2018

Second Week Post Christmas Break

Well this week was a little bit harder at work but not due to my classroom and the kiddos.  Working with people can be hard.  As much as I despise drama and conflict, sometimes I find myself in it.  It is difficult to navigate through it all: speaking the truth versus showing compassion and care.  But now it's the weekend...a three day weekend actually.  And I get a long break.  Which I need and am quite happy about.

Monday = Group Power!  I finally made it to early morning Group Power and it was a very good workout.

Tuesday = Rest

Wednesday = Ran about 4 miles.  I had to be into work super early and it made more sense to run versus swim.  My phone died overnight so I could not track my mileage or pace.  It was about four miles and probably a normal pace.  Although I did not feel as fast as I did on Sunday.  I did not have any noticeable pain either.

Thursday = Ran 5.03 miles with a pace of 9:28.  My plan was to go to Ride.  I woke up in a fog...Wednesday was a very long day.  I got everything ready including my biking shoes.  Except I left them on the table.  Of course I was wearing my slip on shoes.  I drove all the way to the gym right before Ride started.  I knew if I drove home and went back, the class would be half over.  I could not ride in my slip on shoes and I did not have my swimming stuff with me.  So I drove all the way home.  I did not want to run because it was pouring rain.  But I did not have a lot of choice.  So I ran anyway and thankfully the rain dissipated the longer I ran.  I got a decent workout anyway.  I struggled more on the hills, but I was grateful I could do something in time despite the gym mishap.

Friday = Rode Stationary Bike for 45 minutes.  I did not want to get up for ride so I went to the gym in the late afternoon and rode the stationary bike and got in a good workout.

Saturday = Swam about 1/2 mile.  We had a fairly busy Saturday because we had to make dinner for the Hailey's play cast plus I had studying to do.  I managed to get to the pool and swam about 1,000 yards.  Not as much as what we do on a Wednesday morning, but still a good workout.

Sunday = Ran 6.11 miles with an average pace of 9:20.  Hailey had an ice skating event with friends from her school at Riverfront Park.  So I ran from Riverfront to Minto Brown through Minto Brown and back out to the pedestrian bridge in Riverfront to Wallace Marine and back.  I tried to maintain a faster pace.  It was so warm for January and everyone was outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment