Friday, January 12, 2018

First Week Post Christmas Break

This week exceeded my expectations.  I was not excited about going back to work, being away from the kids, and re-establishing a routine.  Having a plan for the week helped tremendously.  I had one of the best weeks at work ever...including the fact I was covering for multiple people and working long hours.  Next week will be harder due to changes within our teaching staff, but I feel prepared for it.  I completed almost all my workouts except missed Power...but I am not beating myself up for it.  With the News Years holiday, going back to work, having to work 10-11 hour days...I think I did pretty good.

Monday = Rest.  We were up late for New Years Eve and awoken by the cat who decided to take a leap to the game shelf at 7:30 in the morning...taking a bunch of board games down with her.  It was a LOUD crash.  We had a good day as a family that ended in a not-so-happy evening with stressful situations.  Thankfully we worked through them.  Although we ended the day on not the greatest note, it was something we all had to go through.

Tuesday = Group Ride.  I made it to Ride.  I was pretty tired but happy I could get the workout in.  Going from the gym right to work is fine.  Aside for the fact I have to buy coffee somewhere, take my breakfast along, and pack so much stuff the night before.

Wednesday = Swim about 45 minutes.  I had to be work at 7 so I had to cut my swim workout about 15 minutes.  The pool was full and I had to share a lane with an older man who was not too keen on sharing a lane.  I felt bad but there were so few options.  We did keep hitting eachother, I kept hitting the side of the wall, and I felt very claustrophobic.  It really stunk.  The workout was OK and I enjoyed swimming with my tri friends.  I am much more comfortable sharing a lane with one of them.

Thursday = Rest.  I was SO tired.  I went ice skating the night before with the middle schoolers and chose to sleep in until 6:30.  It was worth it.

Friday = Ran 3.14 miles.  It says was my pace was 10:40 but I hit two very long lights.  It was probably more like 9.5.  I had a good day at work but I took home some emotional baggage from work.  I did not think it was affecting me until I lost it emotionally later in the afternoon.  Plus we had the Council party at night and I did not feel as prepared as I wanted to be.  I had to go to Wal Mart and I don't do well shopping when I am under these sort of conditions.  Rob told me to go run and it was the perfect way to get out some of the emotions.  I actually was crying when I was running...not the first time I have done that.

Saturday = Ran 5 miles with an average pace of 9:38.  We had such a beautiful Saturday.  It was wonderful to go out and run and enjoy the outside air.  I was less emotional than Friday.  I still felt like running cleared my head.

Sunday = Ran 9 miles with an average pace of 9:55.  Yay!  9 miles.  Despite a little rain it went really well.  I really enjoy running Sunday afternoons.  Very little if any knee pain.  I tackled some pretty big hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment