Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I need a break

It has been a good week so far.  I did about five miles with Tracy Monday morning.  Aside from getting tangled in a blackberry bush that made the back of my right ankle all bloody--it was a great run.  I felt pretty good for most of it.  I had no knee, IT band, or glute issues.  Yesterday I went to 5:30 PM Group ride.  I don't think my bike was set up to my body size.  I think I had to reach too far for the handlebars because my lower back and shoulders feel weird and sore today.  It was still a good workout nonetheless.

I skipped swimming this morning.  The early mornings in the summer are hard.  The kids are not going to bed until 9--sometimes even later.  Everyone is sleeping until at least 8.  I can't function on a work schedule when I am not working.  Plus I burned out in terms of training for things.  I am craving rest right now and not pushing it as a runner/triathlete.

My plan for August is to exercise 3-4 times a week and do swimming, biking, or running.  I am not going to do more than two (and most weeks just one) early morning.  I am going to focus on the things I am not going to be able to do once school starts (like home organization, gardening, etc.)  My plan once school starts is to start the 5-6 times a week and get back into Group Power for sure.  Then come end of September I will see if training for a half marathon is possible.  I feel really good about this.  I really need just a break from pushing myself as well as putting extra of myself.  It might constitute some of my anxiety.  That could be related to other things as well.  My anxiety has been better the last couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment